Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DT206/DT204

Options
  • 22-05-2018 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

Hi,

I applied for both DT204 (Biomedical Science) and DT206 (Biomedical & Molecular Diagnostics) as a mature student. I have received an interview for DT206.

From reading the prospectus the first years seem similar. So would anyone know if it would be possible to switch to DT204 at end of first year if i prefered that stream?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dt206

Hi, Im currently in the DT206 course. In first year, I asked the same question and they said if you get high enough grades and theres space, it is not guaranteed, but possible to switch.
    However, I was thinking the same as you in first year, but changed my mind the more I found out about the DT206 course. Many people were worried about the fact that you can't work in a hospital, like you can in DT204, but then we found out that the majority of hospital work is automated and non practical. This wasnt what I wanted to do so I stuck with DT206 as it is more research based. It all depends on what you want from the course at the end, but long story short: There is a possibility to transfer, but it is not guaranteed and you would probably have to ask about it yourself nearing the end of first year or start of second year.

Advertisement