Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NFL Equinox

• 22-05-2018 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭

So here we are. Equidistant between the end of the 2017 NFL season (Super Bowl LII) and the start of the 2018 season (Falcons at Eagles).

107 days gone.

107 days to go.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I'm currently catching up on the All or Nothing Seasons 2 & 3 and Hard Knocks Season 11. I missed them all first time around, that should pass some of the time inbetween.

What's everyone else plans to get their football fix in the off season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,052 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

I'm rewatching the Americas game series

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭DvB

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    I'm rewatching the Americas game series

Started out only watching the Cowboys ones, ended up moving on to some random one when stuck for something to watch a few years back & really enjoyed it (think it was the Jags) and have gone on to watch them all. Some are better than others but its a suprb collection.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Same here

I watched the 3 Giants ones at first (at the time in 2008) and then went backwards to the start

I enjoyed the 49ers and Raiders ones

The Missing Rings is interesting. The story of the SB from the other side

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I'm reading some NFL Draft stories at the moment, any good NFL reads out there at the moment to pass the off season a bit more? I always find I'm more interested in the NFL in the off-season and post season than I am during the regular season.

• Advertisement

I'm not great at reading material

ESPN 30 for 30 is a worth a look as well

Some very good documentaries on college football in particular

The U episodes are very enjoyabe as is Pony Excess, Catholics vs. Convicts and Elway to Marino

Football episodes

The Band That Wouldn't Die
    Small Potatoes: Who Killed the USFL?
    The U
    Run Ricky Run
    Straight Outta L.A.
    The Best That Never Was
    Pony Excess
    Roll Tide/War Eagle
    The Marinovich Project
    Broke
    Ghosts of Ole Miss
    You Don't Know Bo
    Elway to Marino
    Youngstown Boys
    Brian and The Boz
    Rand University
    The U Part 2
    Trojan War
    The Gospel According to Mac
    Four Falls of Buffalo
    The '85 Bears
    Believeland
    Catholics vs. Convicts
    This Was the XFL
    Year of the Scab
    The Two Bills

30 for 30 Shorts
    The Irrelevant Giant
    The Great Trade Robbery
    Student/Athlete
    The Sweat Solution
    Delaney
    Tose: The Movie
    We Are
    The Throwback

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/30_for_30

Loughc wrote: »
    I'm reading some NFL Draft stories at the moment, any good NFL reads out there at the moment to pass the off season a bit more? I always find I'm more interested in the NFL in the off-season and post season than I am during the regular season.

Have you read the book 'Friday Night Lights'?
    not to be confused with the film or TV show of the same name, the book is a superb read if you've any interest at all in American Football.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    Have you read the book 'Friday Night Lights'?
    not to be confused with the film or TV show of the same name, the book is a superb read if you've any interest at all in American Football.

Haven't read it, I've seen the film and tv series and I always imagined the book was similar focusing on a small Texan town and their Highschool football team.

Loughc wrote: »
    Haven't read it, I've seen the film and tv series and I always imagined the book was similar focusing on a small Texan town and their Highschool football team.

A bit grittier than both IMO.
    I was a tad surprised having read it after seeing both TV show & film as to how much more 'real' it was.

Either way i'd thoroughly recommend it.

DvB wrote: »
    A bit grittier than both IMO.
    I was a tad surprised having read it after seeing both TV show & film as to how much more 'real' it was.

Either way i'd thoroughly recommend it.

Excellent, thanks for the recommendation. :)

• Advertisement

Funnily enough theres a reboot of the film being planned, allegedly its not a sequel or a tie in to the tv series but is a meant to be a 'faithful' adaptation of the Permian Panthers High School team season (sometime in the 80's) that the book covers.

Advertisement