Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to hang deck rail planters

Options
  • 22-05-2018 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

Hi all, looking to hang a few planters on my deck rail. Trouble is it's not your typcical railing, it's a diy job so rail is wider than usual. Had a look in all the stores they have baskets.planters that hang over the rail but my rail in too wide. Any suggestions/.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,437 ✭✭✭✭looksee

If you are hanging them on the near side they will lean against the uprights, so that isn't too difficult. If you put them on the outside you have to account for the deep overhang - without support between the planter and the uprights they will just swing inwards and/or be in shade under the top rail. I have rails like that. If you want to avoid screwing brackets to the decking you can do what I did. Use a wire coathanger. Cut off the hanger and use some of the straight bit to loop through the top of the basket (I am assuming a manger type). Take the flat length of wire over the top of the rail and bend to hook under the rail at the other side. Two of these will easily hold a 18" basket and if you fold the wire neatly it is hardly noticeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭briancarr82

hey, i'm hoping to use this type, so am i as well of use brackets?

Advertisement