Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best website to buy 2nd bike?

Options
  • 22-05-2018 10:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭

There’s not a lot on DoneDeal and Adverts these days with a budget of 1500euro, so, I am looking further a field and I was wondering is there any decent sites in the UK/EU for buying second hand bikes?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,592 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

are there many retailers selling secondhand bikes online at all?
    i wouldn't buy privately from an overseas seller...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

http://usedbikes.ie/

Clarkes in Cavan often have some high end 2nd hand bikes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭GeneralC

I kinda had my heart set on one of the older Trek Madone models from 2015 - ish

• Registered Users Posts: 33 decosr1

I have a 2016 Giant Propel Advanced 0 with full Ultegra Di2 Groupset that I will be putting up for sale shortly. I just got a new bike so don't need it anymore. Hasn't covered much mileage due to being very busy at work the last couple of years so Id say 3000k max on it.

I was going to look for 2000 for it but I would let it go at 1600 without the deep section wheels.

Let me know if you are interested and I can send you on some pics/info. Its like the one in the link below.

Savage bike for the money

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/ie/propel-advanced-0-2016

Regards,

Declan

decosr1 wrote: »
    I have a 2016 Giant Propel Advanced 0 with full Ultegra Di2 Groupset that I will be putting up for sale shortly. I just got a new bike so don't need it anymore. Hasn't covered much mileage due to being very busy at work the last couple of years so Id say 3000k max on it.

I was going to look for 2000 for it but I would let it go at 1600 without the deep section wheels.

Let me know if you are interested and I can send you on some pics/info. Its like the one in the link below.

Savage bike for the money

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/ie/propel-advanced-0-2016

Regards,

Declan

Could you send us on more information, please.

Thanks

• Advertisement

pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

What size frame you looking for OP? and what size is the propel... propel-selling-dude? :)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,417 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Cycling Weekly has a classifieds section (don't know if online though) and there are various FB groups out there. You'll probably be lucky to stumble across something that ticks all the boxes (unless you don't have many to tick!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,329 ✭✭✭secman

Cycle Superstore have a " used bike" for sale section on their web site, usually trade in bikes being sold for their customers. All are kosher , checked out by them , for ownership and condition , so no worries on that front .

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭selwyn froggitt

i wouldn't buy privately from an overseas seller...

Why not?

I've bought two cyclocross bikes on Gumtree/Ebay in the last couple of years from UK sellers and got them shipped over.

Cracking deals and saved a bloody fortune,especially with the Euro/Sterling exchange rate.

The vast majority of people out there are more than genuine and buying safely is all about how you pay to protect against fraud.

I'd do it again no problem.

• Advertisement

The propel is a Medium

Has anyone came across a used Trek Madone in a 56cm?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭bilbot79

GeneralC wrote: »
    There’s not a lot on DoneDeal and Adverts these days with a budget of 1500euro, so, I am looking further a field and I was wondering is there any decent sites in the UK/EU for buying second hand bikes?

Thanks

I bought off Ashland Cycles in the UK before. You can get brand new bikes from a few years ago's models e.g. brand new 2016 model at decent price

fat bloke wrote: »
    What size frame you looking for OP? and what size is the propel... propel-selling-dude? :)

56cm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

bilbot79 wrote: »
    I bought off Ashland Cycles in the UK before. You can get brand new bikes from a few years ago's models e.g. brand new 2016 model at decent price

Website? can only see one in US

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

bilbot79 wrote: »

Website can only see one in US

Advertisement