Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deer factory

Options
  • 22-05-2018 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Just wondering how many deer factories are there in ireland i know of one in mayo i just hope there not like the lamb and cattle factories all the one ????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭hiddenmongoose

There is a ''deer factory'' in Cork, but technically they are not Irish deer as they import the legs from France, all the organs from Germany and the antlers are only cheap stuff from China, all parts are then assembled in Cork and as such they qualify for a government grant and a Guaranteed Irish stamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭hawlk

I would not call the place in Mayo a deer factory as the just buy in deer that are shot in Ireland ( hopefully legally) and gather up a load for export to Scotland.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Tommyaya4

There is a ''deer factory'' in Cork, but technically they are not Irish deer as they import the legs from France, all the organs from Germany and the antlers are only cheap stuff from China, all parts are then assembled in Cork and as such they qualify for a government grant and a Guaranteed Irish stamp.
    They found lead in the paint I think they closed them down all the little viatnames lads work their where illegal as well

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭mayoireland

hawlk wrote: »
    I would not call the place in Mayo a deer factory as the just buy in deer that are shot in Ireland ( hopefully legally) and gather up a load for export to Scotland.

Is there many places that buy deer after being shot do you know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Any particular reason for the question?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,031 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Tesco?,Lidil?

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭mayoireland

Just wondering about prices that all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Game processing plants can only sell onto retailers unless they have a retail outlet themselves.
    Game processors can only buy off registered stalkers with current DHL and game handling certs.
    Retailers can only purchase from game processer.

Advertisement