If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Projector/Wireless Sound System/Projector Screen

Options
  • 22-05-2018 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Soon to complete some renovations in the house and am planning on installing a ceiling mounted projector with a suitable sound system and pull down screen.

The room will be used as a playroom during the day so the aim is to keep wires at ceiling height or avoid altogether. 

Room dimensions will be 4.8m x 2.2m which appears like 100" diagonal is the largest that could be fit in.

First fix electrics haven't been installed yet so there is possibility of placing sockets/cables ducts where required. 

Ideally I'd like a 1080 projector and have been looking at [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]YAMAHA YSP2700 as a sound system. Can you give suggestion on suitable products. [/font]

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,279 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Gileadi wrote: »
    Hi,

Soon to complete some renovations in the house and am planning on installing a ceiling mounted projector with a suitable sound system and pull down screen.

The room will be used as a playroom during the day so the aim is to keep wires at ceiling height or avoid altogether. 

Room dimensions will be 4.8m x 2.2m which appears like 100" diagonal is the largest that could be fit in.

First fix electrics haven't been installed yet so there is possibility of placing sockets/cables ducts where required. 

Ideally I'd like a 1080 projector and have been looking at [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]YAMAHA YSP2700 as a sound system. Can you give suggestion on suitable products. [/font]

Thanks in advance
    Hi Gileadi.

Thanks for the post.

There would be some wires involved unfortunately but very few and they should hopefully be easy enough to hide.
    What sources are you going to connect to the setup? The YSP2700 has 3 HDMI inputs and can also connect via wifi to your home network for streaming.

We have an 92 " screen that might suit by Optoma priced at £89.00
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-11803-optoma-ds9092pwc.aspx

The starting point for a 1080p projector would be the Optoma HD143X priced at £459.00
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-203243-401227.aspx

A suitable ceiling mount would be the Optoma OCM818 priced at £49.00
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201906-ocm818b.aspx

The YSP2700 coming in at £565.00

You would require power sockets positioned near the projector and soundbar as they need to be mains powered. 
    You would also require HDMI cables ran from the soundbar to the projector and also from any sources to the soundbar.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

I intend on having an android box (internet connection via wifi) sitting on top of or beside the projector. 

I'll hold off on ordering a screen until the walls are plastered so I have an as built dimension to ensure that the screen will fit. 

The reviews of that Optoma HD143X look pretty good, is there any major benefit of moving slightly up in the price points (say £650ish)? 

Could you give me a quote for the YSP2700, Optoma HD143X  and suitable ceiling mount?

Cheers

• Company Representative Posts: 17,279 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Gileadi wrote: »
    I intend on having an android box (internet connection via wifi) sitting on top of or beside the projector. 

I'll hold off on ordering a screen until the walls are plastered so I have an as built dimension to ensure that the screen will fit. 

The reviews of that Optoma HD143X look pretty good, is there any major benefit of moving slightly up in the price points (say £650ish)? 

Could you give me a quote for the YSP2700, Optoma HD143X  and suitable ceiling mount?

Cheers
    Hi Gileadi.

I think the Android box would need connected to the soundbar via HDMI and then HDMI from soundbar to projector. The Projector has no way of streaming to it directly from a source.

If you connect the Android box directly into the projector you would need to then run a 3.5mm Jack to 3.5mm Jack cable for the audio back to the soundbar.
    The Projector only has HDMI inputs and no HDMI ARC or outputs.

If you went up in price on the projector you would get better imaging processing, brighter image, deeper colours.
    Projectors can run into tens of thousands.

Your next step up would be the Optoma HD27E priced at £539.00
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-203137-401229.aspx

Unfortunately I have very little movement on these items.
    For the HD143, Bracket and 2700 you would be looking at £1067 including free shipping.

If you require HDMI cables I should be able to offer a deal on them, depending on the lengths you may require.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.