Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you throttling?

Options
  • 22-05-2018 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

Hi,

I have had a sneaking suspicion for months you guys have been throttling certain apps on the social bundle. 

so i called your customer support team and i explained that whatsapp looks like it intermittently connects after i use my normal 10gb and also when on the normal 10gb i can use facebook call and whatapp call but when on the social bundle it never works.

the minute i got back onto my 10gb normal data plan it works, i explained this to your support guy and he put me on hold and then came back on and told me that there was a setting that wasnt correct on my account which pretty much confirms your guys are throttling on your "ALL YOU CAN EAT" Social bundle can you explain to me if this is correct and if so you guys seem to be in breach of contract because video call and whatsapp call is not a link to and outside server like on youtube with ads you have said on another thread that I have seen.

Some answers would be great thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi,

I have had a sneaking suspicion for months you guys have been throttling certain apps on the social bundle. 

so i called your customer support team and i explained that whatsapp looks like it intermittently connects after i use my normal 10gb and also when on the normal 10gb i can use facebook call and whatapp call but when on the social bundle it never works.

the minute i got back onto my 10gb normal data plan it works, i explained this to your support guy and he put me on hold and then came back on and told me that there was a setting that wasnt correct on my account which pretty much confirms your guys are throttling on your "ALL YOU CAN EAT" Social bundle can you explain to me if this is correct and if so you guys seem to be in breach of contract because video call and whatsapp call is not a link to and outside server like on youtube with ads you have said on another thread that I have seen.

Some answers would be great thank you.
    Hi thelibertyboy, 

Thanks for getting in contact with us here. 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your service. 

Feel free to PM me your mobile, PIN, address and date of birth and I'll have a look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement