Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Protection Insurance

• 22-05-2018 5:36pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

I am currently taking out a mortgage with AIB. €100,000. What kind of mortgage protection insurance/ life insurance am I expected to take out. What sort of cost is involved?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

restive wrote: »
    I am currently taking out a mortgage with AIB. €100,000. What kind of mortgage protection insurance/ life insurance am I expected to take out. What sort of cost is involved?

Life cover will be required for all applicants on tbe mortgage. Youll need to cover the full mortage amount and if you choose decreasing cover (cover decreases in line with you paying mortgage) this is the least expensive vs level term cover.

Cost will completely depend on personal circumstances such as age, smoker or non smoker, health issues etc

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

They'll sell you whatever makes them the most money :D

p.s. Mortgage Protection (reducing term assurance) will be the cheapest way of satisfying their financial interest. As always get proper advice (AIB aren't independent in that respect).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭restive

On bonkers .ie mortgage protection comes in at €13 life insurance €15. I'm 45. Is life insurance better value? In the event of my death I receive a lump payment to my estate.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

On bonkers .ie mortgage protection comes in at €13 life insurance €15. I'm 45. Is life insurance better value? In the event of my death I receive a lump payment to my estate.

Yes. Level term is better value as the sum assured remains a constant.

Advertisement