Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Granny flat for rent

Options
2»

Comments

Since when was Clonee Dublin 15? Did they move the county boundary or something? Excellent location? Really? I suppose the location is fine- if you don't have to go anywhere- but excellent location- is a bit of a stretch........ As for the rest of the unit- while its a bit better than the one in the OP- its still bleak, there is no other word for it- bleak......... I'm not a snob and I have lived in far less salubrious accommodation than they're offering- but I most certainly didn't pay 950 a month.......... How on earth do they expect to get 950 a month for this- out in the sticks?

Both the flats being discussed here look far better than most of the older apartments and houses you see on daft imo. They look fresh and modern, nicely furnished and all newly done. I'm not really seeing the bleakness.

They obvously aren't a family home but a place for a single person and a far better option than many alternatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭n!ghtmancometh

How would one of these granny flats be covered insurance wise? if, god forbid, one went up in flames with the tenant inside would the home owner be in serious trouble? seeing as someone should not be living in what is essentially a shed, as far as planning purposes are concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

How would one of these granny flats be covered insurance wise? if, god forbid, one went up in flames with the tenant inside would the home owner be in serious trouble? seeing as someone should not be living in what is essentially a shed, as far as planning purposes are concerned.

If the "shed" was well constructed, you'd be less likely to burn to death in it compared to being asleep upstairs in a house

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Depends on the insurance policy- but presumably the owner would have a building's only policy covering their interest in the building, and its up to the licensee to insure their own goods and/or self? You can't take out life assurance on another person- because you'd have a vested interest in them popping their clogs....... Dates back to Victorian times- where people commonly took out life insurance on random strangers- and indeed, on boats they didn't own, sinking. Remarkably it took the insurance companies years to disallow this sort of thing.

Advertisement