Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mexican stand off at RTE Primetime

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Charmeleon wrote: »
    No one knows, when they take the MAP, whether there is a fertilized egg or not and the chances are very high there isn’t. You could argue, if you believe human rights apply from conception, that it is a reckless act but could never be proved either way.

Sure you don't know, but the *only* reason you are taking it is to prevent one.

In actuality you might not be preventing one, but thats frankly irrelevant to the argument.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Charmeleon

GreeBo wrote: »
    Sure you don't know, but the *only* reason you are taking it is to prevent one.

In actuality you might not be preventing one, but thats frankly irrelevant to the argument.

It’s the willful prevention of a possible pregnancy, the same as many forms of contraception. Abortion is (usually) only carried out after it is positively confirmed that a developing baby is present.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

I think RTE played a blinder and refused to be bullied by the NO campaign. To those in the NO camp , serious f**k up on yer part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

I will vote no and at this point it doesn't matter to me if the yes side win , because all I can do is the right thing , lead my life as best I can , harm no one and Let all life grow .

were life that simple, the fact that there many variations of the " right thing " in real life , seems to have passed you completely by

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Danjamin1 wrote: »
    Is that you Michael Healy-Rae?

Is that you Mary Lou?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Here we go..

In the Dáil today, Independent TD Mattie McGrath alleged that Ms Steen was not allowed on the programme because Mr Harris was “afraid” of her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭bauderline

Here we go..

In the Dáil today, Independent TD Mattie McGrath alleged that Ms Steen was not allowed on the programme because Mr Harris was “afraid” of her.

Are we supposed to consider that as fact rather than a political cheap shot from Mattie... a pretty poor one at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

In the Dáil today, Independent TD Mattie McGrath alleged that Ms Steen was not allowed on the programme because Mr Harris was “afraid†of her.

Mattie sat in the audience of CB and repeatedly shouted liar at Dr Boylan. Do you think if Mattie says something it's factual?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

McGuirk tried to shaft Sherlock to put in Stein - who is not a medical professional- and it backfired- watching it backfire and them now making up convoluted stories would be funny if the issue were not so serious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Annabella1

Here we go..

Mattie has become one of the foot in mouth brigade who will bring the yes vote out

Calling an obstetrician with 40 years experience who has saved countless lives of mothers and babies ' a liar' is a disgrace (even if you don't agree with his viewpoint)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭kerry cow

Danjamin1 wrote:
    Is that you Michael Healy-Rae?

Kerrybull

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Charmeleon wrote: »
    It’s the willful prevention of a possible pregnancy, the same as many forms of contraception. Abortion is (usually) only carried out after it is positively confirmed that a developing baby is present.

Lets be clear here, its the willful prevention of a possible baby, just like abortion is.

Hence why I think the "no" argument, for me, is nonsensical.

The only way to logically & fully satisfy their argument is to only have sex if you are trying to conceive. Anything else is denying the rights of the unborn (who also happens to be, un-conceived, unfertilized and largely un-believable at that time)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Charmeleon

GreeBo wrote: »
    Lets be clear here, its the willful prevention of a possible baby, just like abortion is.

Hence why I think the "no" argument, for me, is nonsensical.

The only way to logically & fully satisfy their argument is to only have sex if you are trying to conceive. Anything else is denying the rights of the unborn (who also happens to be, un-conceived, unfertilized and largely un-believable at that time)

Any supervised abortion requires that a living fetus(baby) is identified beforehand. If it was a possible baby, that would, completely ironically, be considered ‘unethical’ treatment.

The rest of your argument makes no logical sense to me and seems to exist only as a strawman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

We're done here, guys. We've moved away from Primetime and onto a discussion about the 8th.

Thread closed. Go to After Hours, Politics or Politics Café to talk about the referendum.

See you tonight for the TV3 debate.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement