Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gif issues every so often IPhone.

Options
  • 22-05-2018 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭

This happened to me a few months ago and seems to be the case again...

It’s like I’ve no problem copying and pasting GIFs to boards and then all of a sudden it stops.

When it works I simply search google for a specific gif. When it loads results I click images and usually it’s very simple. Hold finger on picture , copy and paste it into the pic option.

Now when I click on the picture it has two options (visit or share). Neither work.

When I click on link again all the options that come up don’t work. When I click into visit site, the copy options don’t work. The links/addresses don’t have .gif at the end which is what seemed to be working fine yesterday.

As I said this happened a while ago and I don’t know what fixed it. I don’t make many changes to my iPhone or get too technical so it feels like it’s been some change on iPhone or usage rights or something. Has anybody any suggestions. Please?

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi Drumpot,

Is this issue solely related to images you find via Google? It changed its options a little while ago to make it more difficult to download and share images because of Copyright concerns. Now, even on desktop, you have to open the image itself (usually in a new tab) to get the image address (rather than visiting the website - unless you can find the image on the page).

Could you try opening a gif in a new tab and copying the address that way to see if that works, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Hi Drumpot,

Is this issue solely related to images you find via Google? It changed its options a little while ago to make it more difficult to download and share images because of Copyright concerns. Now, even on desktop, you have to open the image itself (usually in a new tab) to get the image address (rather than visiting the website - unless you can find the image on the page).

Could you try opening a gif in a new tab and copying the address that way to see if that works, please?

Hi Niamh,

Thanks for your response.

It actually worked this morning. I don’t understand what goes on. It’s like for one day my ability to post gifs from my phone changes.

When I search for Gifs today it’s back to copy and paste (and it pasted the correct address on boards!!!!).

Thanks for your response and assistance. I would be interested to hear if anybody else with an iPhone has had this issue!

Drumpot

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi Drumpot,

Posts require approval here, which explains the disappearance. Glad to hear that things are working normally again. Hopefully it continues, but yes, I'd also be curious to hear if other iPhone users are encountering the same problem.

Advertisement