Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Given 2 days notice for interview

Options
  • 22-05-2018 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Applied for a job in an industry/company that is seemingly notorious for filling vacancies internally over a month ago.

Heard nothing but called today to tell me I had an interview spot on Friday (2 days notice) and have a good bit of documentation to have ready for it.

Just wondering does anyone have any idea if scheduling interviews so late generally means anything?

Thankfully I have the day off so can attend, but otherwise it's crazy short notice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

2 or 3 days notice of an interview is very typical in my experience.

I've often been notified the day before, this is not uncommon

• Registered Users Posts: 82,770 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

You should be relatively well prepared for interview when applying for jobs. You will be able to customise your preperation for a specific company in a day or less.

Advertisement