Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Healy Raes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,548 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Bellview wrote: »
    You forgot the leaders allowance and also if they get a job on a committee..as a family they must be drawing up to 500k a year incl secretariat.. mobile phones etc . assume they were at funerals today during votes ... b&tching about the government But no solution...

Worth every single cent, and more.

Met them both at a funeral this morning in Sneem, great men to pay their respects.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,432 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Met them both at a funeral this morning in Sneem, great men to pay their respects.

To you undoubtedly so as you get to wind up a few people.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭thequarefellow

Too right Brah! Any friend of John Delaney's is a friend of mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Marty Xavier

Which one is Danny? is he the smart one or the idiot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

He is the one that sounds drunk all the time and looks like he lives in a hay shed

He isnt drunk by the wya

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭liosnagceann75

Its not their fault its ours and our system.
    There was an incident a few years ago where a Judge convened a special court in there area on Sunday.
    The purpose of this sitting was to grant a pub license for a marquee attached to a pub belong to one of the family.
    The reason it needed to be legal as there was a Government Minister attending a function in the said marquee on the Monday.

Isint it great to have a direct line to a judge? I believe the said judge retired early. You could write a book on the said judge. A failure by him to have a valid nct for his car appeared before him in court. Another judge had to hear the case

Isint it great to have a direct line to a judge? I believe the said judge retired early. You could write a book on the said judge. A failure by him to have a valid nct for his car appeared before him in court. Another judge had to hear the case

He that is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

He that is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone.

Quoting Holy Scripture so inappropriately does not impress; quite the opposite. Thought better of you.

Graces7 wrote: »
    Quoting Holy Scripture so inappropriately does not impress; quite the opposite. Thought better of you.

Really, thought you had me on your ignore list?

Judge not that ye be not judged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Idiots that be us.

"they say its quietly in the corner and look like a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Not seeing how gombeenism/cute-hoorism is my fault, but sure, let them away with it...

We do let them away with it, thats my point...

Look around at a few of our current crop and there are several who were caught up in dodgy deals over the years and they lost their porfolios and went to the backbenches, others then became independents as the parties had to drop-them by the way.
    The people in their areas still kept them as poll-toppers.
    The problem we have in this country is all politicians represent,firstly themselves and their cronies/friends, unfortunately there semms to be little interest in what is good for the country as a whole.
    The most recent one i can remember is the broadband thing from last year when minister resigned, he was returned with a big vote.
    The same thing happened 30 years ago and the person at that time is still there.
    On a related note there was a Prime Time programme a year or so ago where politicians were interviewed with hidden cameras, i cannot rememver the exact topic.They were all returned to their local Councils last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Bellview wrote: »
    I see kerry has got a large increase in speed van detection area... is it a parting gift from Ross to Healy Rae .. and we are now all paying the price of big brother watching our driving

As I was driving yesterday, a speed van was parked on a series of bends, a place that you would have slowed down anyway, what it was there for, when there was a fine straight of road about a mile away, why speed when one can leave on time and keep with limits, it saves lives, fuel, and car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

theguzman wrote: »
    Kerry is basically ran from Naas in Kildare and the slack jawed yokels voting for the Healy-Raes ain't industry leaders thats for sure. Think social welfare lifers, Love Island fans and Social Media morons.

You really make your opinion known, about us here in the great Kingdom

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

Graces7 wrote: »
    stop whinging and giving out to other posters, always at it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

goat2 wrote: »
    As I was driving yesterday, a speed van was parked on a series of bends, a place that you would have slowed down anyway, what it was there for, when there was a fine straight of road about a mile away, why speed when one can leave on time and keep with limits, it saves lives, fuel, and car
    The purpose of the speed vans is, to lower the accident rate and speeding. They're not mandated to maximise fines and points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

He has also registered another house in Tralee that is not currently occupied but where purchase is also at the contract stage.

A third property in Kilgarvan village was also declared which is currently “not being used, subject to being done up” and described as a “construction job”.

Altogether, Mr Healy Rae’s land declaration now extends to 21 different properties, including houses, farmland, a service station, a former pub, and student accommodation.

Mr Healy-Rae: “[The property] is gone through in Clonkeen and that is mine now and the other one in Tralee has not gone through, but the contracts are signed. If you asked me in two or three-weeks’ time, it would be mine."

“The one in Clonkeen is a doer-upper but it’s not a huge job. It is just refurbishment but the one in Kilgarvan needs a new roof, needs to be done completely with an extension. The third one in Tralee, there’s nothing to be done there and it is in good condition. I couldn’t swear on my plans for them, the one in Tralee will be rented. The other two I’m not sure on yet.”

Between the tending the farm, pumping the petrol, pulling the pints, hiring the plant machinery, property developing and landlording and attending every funeral going you'd wonder where he finds the time to be a TD at all

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Between the tending the farm, pumping the petrol, pulling the pints, hiring the plant machinery, property developing and landlording and attending every funeral going you'd wonder where he finds the time to be a TD at all

God bless your ignorance.

Kerry doesn’t need TDs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

At least he stayed local as opposed to going to Barbados to discuss "Irelands economic recovery".

At least he stayed local as opposed to going to Barbados to discuss "Irelands economic recovery".

People get blinded by hatred, no notice taken either of the other lad who before he even does the work has a written guarantee from the local authority that they will buy his apartments when they are built.

People get blinded by hatred, no notice taken either of the other lad who before he even does the work has a written guarantee from the local authority that they will buy his apartments when they are built.

1. What are you talking about hatred? Are you a child in primary school?

2. Unless you have some proof of local authority buying before apartments are built, outside the requirements placed on builders, then that’s just pub talk

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    1. What are you talking about hatred? Are you a child in primary school?

2. Unless you have some proof of local authority buying before apartments are built, outside the requirements placed on builders, then that’s just pub talk

Exhibit A.

LOL.

Exhibit A.

LOL.

Who hates? You sound like a child in primary school...grow up

People question the Healy Raes because they are useless f**kers....nobody I seen “hates” them...

The Healy Rae play up this “ oh they hate us” so people don’t question them

It’s worth noting your the one that keeps pulling this thread up, a bit lonely ??

You voted the clown back in for 5 years, you deal with them...nobody else takes notice as they are just a pair of buffoons from Kerry

PS I seen nothing in article about creating jobs???

Who hates? You sound like a child in primary school...grow up

People question the Healy Raes because they are useless f**kers....nobody I seen “hates” them...

The Healy Rae play up this “ oh they hate us” so people don’t question them

It’s worth noting your the one that keeps pulling this thread up, a bit lonely ??

You voted the clown back in for 5 years, you deal with them...nobody else takes notice as they are just a pair of buffoons from Kerry

PS I seen nothing in article about creating jobs???

They can't really be useless now in all fairness will you cop on a small bit please for the love of God and all the saints in heaven.

Shur a Healy Rae never lost an election and at the moment there are 5 of them in public office. Two TD's and 3 councillors.

How could they be useless when they not only keep getting elected but keep topping the polls as well?

Your hatred of them is blatantly obvious from reading your posts, why do you deny it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,939 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

If you search the word "hate" this thread not one person say's they hate the Healy Raes.

It comes up again and again from the Healy Rae fab club telling us how much everybody hates them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,541 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

They can't really be useless now in all fairness will you cop on a small bit please for the love of God and all the saints in heaven.

Shur a Healy Rae never lost an election and at the moment there are 5 of them in public office. Two TD's and 3 councillors.

How could they be useless when they not only keep getting elected but keep topping the polls as well?

Your hatred of them is blatantly obvious from reading your posts, why do you deny it?

You don't think it's strange that a family with no actual discernible practical skills or training* get voted into some area of responsibility/power and then become very wealthy while convincing the locals how they are neglected etc........... I mean there is obviously money flowing to the region....and the locals feel they aren't getting enough of it......yet vote in the people who are doing very well from it....

(* any skills/trades/education of note between them????????)

John_Rambo wrote: »
    If you search the word "hate" this thread not one person say's they hate the Healy Raes.

It comes up again and again from the Healy Rae fab club telling us how much everybody hates them!

Its just the ad hominem fallacy that is commonly used by those who cant formulate a proper logical argument. Instead of arguing the facts they throw out labels and personal abuse so any poster who doesnt agree with them is now a 'begrudger' or a 'hater'. Its straight out of the alt right playbook.

You don't think it's strange that a family with no actual discernible practical skills or training* get voted into some area of responsibility/power and then become very wealthy while convincing the locals how they are neglected etc........... I mean there is obviously money flowing to the region....and the locals feel they aren't getting enough of it......yet vote in the people who are doing very well from it....

(* any skills/trades/education of note between them????????)

I'm sorry, are you asking a question or trying to make a point?

You just can't see the forest because the trees are in the way John.

• Advertisement

You just can't see the forest because the trees are in the way John.

That makes no sense. It has no context.

That makes no sense. It has no context.

Lots of stuff from that poster makes no sense but that wont stop them

Its just the ad hominem fallacy that is commonly used by those who cant formulate a proper logical argument. Instead of arguing the facts they throw out labels and personal abuse so any poster who doesnt agree with them is now a 'begrudger' or a 'hater'. Its straight out of the alt right playbook.

This thread is also full of the Healy Rae club accusing people of calling them "thick muck savages" etc etc. Yet I have yet to see anyone say that.

Useless at been a TD to clarify

Very good at ripping the people of Kerry off if that is a useful trade

It is no surprise Kerry County Council "won" the award for County Council corruption in Ireland. Excellent for Kerry

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

One of whom is a convicted criminal.

Really can't understand the mentality of people voting for a thug but, then again, we had a convicted gun-runner as one of our TDs until a mere few weeks ago.

The joys of democracy!

Quackster wrote: »
    One of whom is a convicted criminal.

Really can't understand the mentality of people voting for a thug but, then again, we had a convicted gun-runner as one of our TDs until a mere few weeks ago.

The joys of democracy!

Everyone makes mistakes in life Quackster.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Marty Xavier

They get **** done locally.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Fair enough making a mistake and then owning up to it and atoning for said mistake. I have no issue with cutting a bit of slack for said individuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 OnYerPike

So you now agree you made a mistake voting for him?

They get **** done locally.

What do they get done?

• Advertisement

This thread is also full of the Healy Rae club accusing people of calling them "thick muck savages" etc etc. Yet I have yet to see anyone say that.

I havent seen anyone say that either and even if one person thinks that it doesnt mean we all do.

It seems to me ad hominem attacks are all their defenders have. Because I certainly havent seen any of their voters on here tell us what exactly they have done for the county of Kerry. I mean if the Healy Raes are such great politicians surely they would have a proud list of achienvements that their supporters could list off? Ive yet to see that on this thread, all I can see is politicians enriching themselves and violently assaulting tourists in a town that depends heavily on tourism.

I havent seen anyone say that either and even if one person thinks that it doesnt mean we all do.

It seems to me ad hominem attacks are all their defenders have. Because I certainly havent seen any of their voters on here tell us what exactly they have done for the county of Kerry. I mean if the Healy Raes are such great politicians surely they would have a proud list of achienvements that their supporters could list off? Ive yet to see that on this thread, all I can see is politicians enriching themselves and violently assaulting tourists in a town that depends heavily on tourism.

I gave up asking, any sort of reasonable request on why people vote for Healy Rae or what the Healy Raes have done is met with abuse.

Even asking for one of these voters to ask any of the Healy Rae what they plan on doing for Kerry for next 5 years was met with similar abuse

Not sure why it’s such a guarded secret? From what I see they hardly ever go to the Dail, provide no input on legislation and have not promoted Kerry at any stage during all the years in government.

As many a time I have said, open to correction but yet to see anyone provide any information to say I’m wrong

Yeah, it's the natural default knee jerk admission & recognition of bad behaviour, jumping the gun at referee that calls foul. (which hasn't actually happened) The behaviour of the people who openly recognise the Healy Raes as charlatans is exemplary. But the fanboys are putting words in their mouths.

All the derogatory slurs, bad language and claims of hatred are coming from within the Healy Rae camp. Very interesting and telling. Cements the fact that they're wrongdoers and known to be so by the people that are ok with it and the ones that aren't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

From my perspective your last paragraph backs up this earlier post (148).

"Its the thousands of Kerry people that keep electing them that are the real villains of this piece."

Note: This post is still there unlike the earlier references to Muck Savages which were edited out.

So Kerry people are collectively labelled as being the villains, and then also blamed for "All the derogatory slurs", nothing inaccurate there then.

SlowBlowin wrote: »
    From my perspective your last paragraph backs up this earlier post (148).

"Its the thousands of Kerry people that keep electing them that are the real villains of this piece."

Note: This post is still there unlike the earlier references to Muck Savages which were edited out.

So Kerry people are collectively labelled as being the villains, and then also blamed for "All the derogatory slurs", nothing inaccurate there then.

Excellent post to back up exactly what been said.

No detail, as usual, on what the Healy Rae do but a post that somehow suggest your a victim of abuse.....

The statement you quote above is nothing derogatory by the way, not if you grasp the English language

No detail, as usual, on what the Healy Rae do but a post that somehow suggest your a victim of abuse.....

The statement you quote above is nothing derogatory by the way, not if you grasp the English language[/QUOTE]

You could do with expanding your knowledge of the English language which might then give us all a break from your constant offensive choice of words that illustrate your thinly disguised confrontational ignorance.

You're a stereotypical keyboard warrior.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,432 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

The statement you quote above is nothing derogatory by the way, not if you grasp the English language[/QUOTE]

You could do with expanding your knowledge of the English language which might then give us all a break from your constant offensive choice of words that illustrate your thinly disguised confrontational ignorance.

You're a stereotypical keyboard warrior.

In fairness your a stereotypical wind up merchant, you keep posting irrelevant tidbits about the HR’s for your your own fun so you can’t take any moral high ground when you get the reaction you went looking for.

The statement you quote above is nothing derogatory by the way, not if you grasp the English language

"A villain is a bad person — real or made up. In books, movies, current events, or history, the villain is the character who does mean, evil things on purpose. Today a villain is a wicked person, whether in fact or fiction."

So if I went around calling your family and friends Villains it would not offended you in any way ?

There was only one motive in my post, to show the previous post as inaccurate, and you cry for more detail ? There is no substance or logic to your posts and your questions could be answered in you read answers to your previous posts. No doubt you will reply, as you normally do, with a barrage of questions, not interested until you read the thread..

By the way, before you accuse me of it, I am not "offended", I was just pointing out the post was incorrect.

If you want reasoned debate, calling a whole county villains will not help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

The people of Kerry are muck savages for voting for those two self-serving gombeens. Mightn’t be what they want to hear, but it’s the truth. Same as the people of Tipperary voting for Lowry and Matty McGrath.

Independents are a blight upon Irish democracy.

Advertisement