Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Healy Raes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

salmocab wrote: »
    If you read my post on it I clearly said I don’t give a toss about this issue. It hasn’t angered me one bit it’s a nothing issue.

I did read your post, but you still jumped in on the conversation, saying the 50% was irrelevant, and disingenuous. I didnt ask you to do that, you did it, I was replying to all the posts about the phone calls. If you dont care about it then dont engage, simple.

So glad you agree that it was a nothing issue, you should have said something when your fellow MHR haters mentioned it.

I am off now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,413 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

SlowBlowin wrote: »
    I did read your post, but you still jumped in on the conversation, saying the 50% was irrelevant, and disingenuous. I didnt ask you to do that, you did it, I was replying to all the posts about the phone calls. If you dont care about it then dont engage, simple.

So glad you agree that it was a nothing issue, you should have said something when your fellow MHR haters mentioned it.

I am off now.

I didn’t say the 50% was irrelevant at all not sure where you read that.
    Not sure why you think I’m a ‘MHR hater’ it’s not Trumps America we don’t have to pick sides and stick with it no matter what is said or done.
    I did give my feelings on this issue I apologise if I didn’t give it early enough for you but I got there and I’m sure you appreciate me standing up for your man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭Bellview

salmocab wrote: »
    I didn’t say the 50% was irrelevant at all not sure where you read that.
    Not sure why you think I’m a ‘MHR hater’ it’s not Trumps America we don’t have to pick sides and stick with it no matter what is said or done.
    I did give my feelings on this issue I apologise if I didn’t give it early enough for you but I got there and I’m sure you appreciate me standing up for your man.

The Healy Rae thrive on pretence that the world hates them.. it was even used as defence in recent assault case .. not sure why they Feel they need to engage in constant negative messaging... they have 2 TD 3 councilors not sure why they feel so unloved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Bellview wrote: »
    The Healy Rae thrive on pretence that the world hates them.. it was even used as defence in recent assault case .. not sure why they Feel they need to engage in constant negative messaging... they have 2 TD 3 councilors not sure why they feel so unloved

They may or may not feel unloved (I really doubt they do!) but they do know a winning electoral strategy when they see one. "The poor underdog always being attacked by dem up in Dublin" is a really easy sell, and well they know it.

They may or may not feel unloved (I really doubt they do!) but they do know a winning electoral strategy when they see one. "The poor underdog always being attacked by dem up in Dublin" is a really easy sell, and well they know it.

True although last election surprised me that their vote slipped a bit.. still a lot of room for slippage .. but some of the young lads will want to start behaving a bit better at chippers as they could damage the brand

The older generation at least put in the work - not the work they should be doing, obviously; visiting funerals and organising bus trips is not the work of a TD - but some of the younger generation just seem to be entitled "Do you not know who I am!?" types.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I blame the voters, the inability to ask a simple question like "waht the plans for the next 5 years in getting job to Kerry" is inexcusable that no-one seems to have the ability to ask.

The "I will stick it up dem in Dublin" maybe might have worked once for some people but to run with the same policy every time and not actually anything else is beyond a joke how people still vote them in.

Then defend them blindly when they are robbing the country left, right and centre.

At this stage, cut it off. Let the Kerry people pay their wages and for the rest of the Healy Rae clan to keep them all paid, Im sick of my tax money going to a shower like that. Especially the shower of scumbags coming up now

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I blame the voters, the inability to ask a simple question like "waht the plans for the next 5 years in getting job to Kerry" is inexcusable that no-one seems to have the ability to ask.

The "I will stick it up dem in Dublin" maybe might have worked once for some people but to run with the same policy every time and not actually anything else is beyond a joke how people still vote them in.

Then defend them blindly when they are robbing the country left, right and centre.

At this stage, cut it off. Let the Kerry people pay their wages and for the rest of the Healy Rae clan to keep them all paid, Im sick of my tax money going to a shower like that. Especially the shower of scumbags coming up now

In fairness the Rae are doing well Financially alright between TD salary expenses and the council they must be drawing 500k per annum As a family

I had a giggle this week with mhr complaints on kerry county dev plan.. this is the same council with 3 family members and a few associates who had a say on this plan and basically approved the plan he complained about... same council that gave him planning twice for flats in a pub in Tralee .. and an bord pleanala has rejected twice..
    real question is what are the Rae councillors doing .. minding the Rae empire or the voters Who trusted ty hem with their votes

Or is all the complains from the Rae family to distract that mhr did not make full disclosure to the dail on directorships etc

In fairness the Rae are doing well Financially alright between TD salary expenses and the council they must be drawing 500k per annum As a family

I had a giggle this week with mhr complaints on kerry county dev plan.. this is the same council with 3 family members and a few associates who had a say on this plan and basically approved the plan he complained about... same council that gave him planning twice for flats in a pub in Tralee .. and an bord pleanala has rejected twice..
    real question is what are the Rae councillors doing .. minding the Rae empire or the voters Who trusted ty hem with their votes

Or is all the complains from the Rae family to distract that mhr did not make full disclosure to the dail on directorships etc

Between the two thief’s they must have 15 people bank rolled by our tax. Not a one of them able to get a job on their own

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.thesun.ie/news/1368375/the-healy-raes-have-eight-of-the-clan-now-on-the-public-payroll-in-political-jobs-as-kerry-dynasty-rake-in-e485k-from-taxpayers/amp/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

Quite a few votes for the H. Raes come from old guys who want to give 2 fingers to everyone else. A lot of other voters will just vote for someone who is a pain in the neck or populism for the kicks and to annoy all the centralists. In short voting by about 20% these days is not taking seriously and here is the result. I have a feeling if armageddon befell the world quite a few who be deliriously happy with that.

Dan.

• Advertisement

Quite a few votes for the H. Raes come from old guys who want to give 2 fingers to everyone else. A lot of other voters will just vote for someone who is a pain in the neck or populism for the kicks and to annoy all the centralists. In short voting by about 20% these days is not taking seriously and here is the result. I have a feeling if armageddon befell the world quite a few who be deliriously happy with that.

Its the same people who vote in gobs**t like the Healy Rae are then complaining because XYZ isnt working. The HSE is a mess. RTE is a mess. Socail Welfare is a mess

Then they vote in Healy Rae who does zero to help any of these issues. They rejoice because he sticks on a bus to drive them up to the North. Like really how does that make any sense?

If they voted in a proper politcian in a party they might actually get something done, not some gangster landlord coming up to shake your hand because a relative has died.

While the other clown is running a pub and trying to hide the tax money. Seriously!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

The older generation at least put in the work - not the work they should be doing, obviously; visiting funerals and organising bus trips is not the work of a TD - but some of the younger generation just seem to be entitled "Do you not know who I am!?" types.

I can tell you, the older generation have no qualms of playing the same card.

Still when you look at some of those who made Minister in the last Govn't, they're not very far removed.

Water John wrote: »
    I can tell you, the older generation have no qualms of playing the same card.

Still when you look at some of those who made Minister in the last Govn't, they're not very far removed.

Mhr despite many denials since in last gov was offered a junior minister if he had the courage to Take it.. but he would have had to fix all the problems which is not easy

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭liosnagceann75

Mhr despite many denials since in last gov was offered a junior minister if he had the courage to Take it.. but he would have had to fix all the problems which is not easy

Ah but sure everyone knows he wasn't asked to the dance. Poor Michael

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

How would the Healy-Raes deal with the Riots in America ?

blinding wrote: »
    How would the Healy-Raes deal with the Riots in America ?

The Healy Rae would be leading the looting....

Why pay for anything new

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

The Healy Rae would be leading the looting....

Why pay for anything new

One Looting and One Shooting ! !

blinding wrote: »
    One Looting and One Shooting ! !

And charging both sides for the bullets.

And charging both sides for the bullets.

Well the Government pays for the bullet under expenses and the person who is shot pays for the privledge of getting shot by a Healy Rae

Watch the Kerry people queue up:P

• Advertisement

Well the Government pays for the bullet under expenses and the person who is shot pays for the privledge of getting shot by a Healy Rae

Watch the Kerry people queue up:P

For the buses organised by the Healy Raes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Ardent

I stumbled across this tonight. What the actual f**k.

https://www.independent.ie/videos/foolish-to-think-that-virus-can-know-if-youre-eating-with-your-pint-or-not-danny-healy-rae-39373650.html

Is it time to introduce a mandatory IQ test for political candidates?

Or can we just nuke Kerry from orbit, just to be sure?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Ardent wrote: »

https://www.independent.ie/videos/foolish-to-think-that-virus-can-know-if-youre-eating-with-your-pint-or-not-danny-healy-rae-39373650.html

...to be sure?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Ardent

Bowie wrote: »
    ...to be sure?

Yeah, nuke the site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

You can hear the dispare in the voice of Ceann Comhairle when he says "Tainste can you deal with this matter"

No wonder people are asleep when you have to listen to that gobs**t. Strange he even made it up to Dublin....

Well done the people of Kerry.....well done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Well for people who lack an education. They seem to have a lot of respect in their area and they also own several business and are very well off!
    And dont go around in jeans and t shirts from the charity shops like the misery guts of the left like Smith Barrett Murphy etc still defending Stalingrad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

What the actual f**k do you not understand about the point he was making?

Have you ever taken an IQ test yourself?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

What the actual f**k do you not understand about the point he was making?

Have you ever taken an IQ test yourself?

Come on explain his point

Come on explain his point

Sorry dude but I don't have the time or the crayons to help you understand.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Ahh go on, my degree didn't include the ability to understand gibberish from the Healy Rae clan, we would all love to understand his excellent point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,271 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Ahh go on, my degree didn't include the ability to understand gibberish from the Healy Rae clan, we would all love to understand his excellent point.

I will translate as best I can:

He represents people who eat their dinner in the middle of the day.

Therefore he should be allowed to open his pub to sell them drink and not sell them food - presumably because his profits are more important than stopping the virus from spreading and killing more people.....I am sure he also owns funeral operators as well so sure it wouldn't be necessarily bad for business on that end either.

Apparently that passes for logic down that way.

• Advertisement

I've taken Danny Healy-Rae @8/1 to be the next TD to nod off during a Dáil sitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭liosnagceann75

I've taken Danny Healy-Rae @8/1 to be the next TD to nod off during a Dáil sitting.

You could be onto a winner there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,881 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Fair play to you for apologising & holding your hands up.

There's no way in hell anyone can explain, defend or uphold what was said by that manchild.

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Fair play to you for apologising & holding your hands up.

There's no way in hell anyone can explain, defend or uphold what was said by that manchild.

funny watching the Gemma O Doherty supporters getting frustrated in the video as well...

i must commend Danny for repeating Jackie line that all Kerry 'ate their dinner in the middle of the day' still being well used

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Oh wow, Sheffy has a degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Marty Xavier

Jackie is such a metrosexual.

Jackie is such a metrosexual.

The late Jackie or the one with the criminal record

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭SlowMotion321

Flat cap wearing, motherfcukin, parish pump riding, fcuk the rest of the country, me feiners are a walking advertisement for post birth premature euthanasia!

Yurt! wrote: »
    Oh wow, Sheffy has a degree.

Jealousy is an awful affliction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Jealous is an awful affliction

Oh Shef, if you only knew. Enjoy your mad cool degree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Firbolg

One of Danny's truck drivers ran down and killed a woman crossing a zebra crossing in Killarney last weekend. Hasn't even been arrested.

There will be a reckoning!

Firbolg wrote: »
    One of Danny's truck drivers ran down and killed a woman crossing a zebra crossing in Killarney last weekend. Hasn't even been arrested.

There will be a reckoning!

The locals probably cheering him on, sure he is doing great work after getting the spuds and a few pints down in the pub in the middle of the day

• Registered Users Posts: 10 JohnDough

Flat cap wearing, motherfcukin, parish pump riding, fcuk the rest of the country, me feiners are a walking advertisement for post birth abortion!

You were doing ok until u brought abortion into it at the end

JohnDough wrote: »

That's some standards you've got there John.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭SlowMotion321

JohnDough wrote: »

Duly noted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

People might be surprised to know that the H.R's are not as popular as they may seem, the thing with them is, like SF voters, they have a hardcore base that will keep voting them for the thrill of socking it to their neighbours and the rest of the country. It's not really politics at all but largely a kind of arrogant narcissistic personality thought process.

Dan.

People might be surprised to know that the H.R's are not as popular as they may seem, the thing with them is, like SF voters, they have a hardcore base that will keep voting them for the thrill of socking it to their neighbours and the rest of the country. It's not really politics at all but largely a kind of arrogant narcissistic personality thought process.

Ah, that explains everything.

Cheers for that insight Dan.

People don’t understand what a TD is and what a councillor is. They vote in Healy Rae based on work a councillor should be doing

Ignorance of the Irish political system is the biggest issue

But you now have a few other independents that are peddling same rubbish as the HR donoghue in Limerick along with Collins in west Cork are following the HR playbook .. The dail may as well get converted into a circus tent if a few more HR clones arrive in Leinster house

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

The pair got 25000 No 1s out of a 78000 poll. Not a bad hard core. Although Danny was about 7000 behind the "smarter" brother. They also "deliver" for their constituents and indeed are known to represent people outside Kerry who are getting nowhere with their own T.D.s

Advertisement