Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Healy Raes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

garrettod wrote: »
    Cute Hoers, seem to have Kerry completely sown up via their extended family...

However, that said, the two H-Rs are doing more for Kerry then my 5 TDs have done for Dublin North Central, (and that stands over the previous 5 year term, when 2 of the 5 TDs were Ministers sitting at the Big Table in the Dail). So, if a H-R relocates to Dublin and they are in my constituency, I'll vote for them....

Tell the truth, you miss Bertie. Cushy Butterfield just doesnt deliver like him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭Bellview

SlowBlowin wrote: »
    A refreshingly honest post for this thread....

Ignorance is bliss is another way to approach this post..

More luck to hr but they have succeeded in building a nice property portfolio even some through nama

When mike was offered a junior in last government and when he could have acted he shied away from the responsibility.. assume it meant no more hurler in the ditch comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

Bellview wrote: »
    Ignorance is bliss is another way to approach this post..

More luck to hr but they have succeeded in building a nice property portfolio even some through nama

When mike was offered a junior in last government and when he could have acted he shied away from the responsibility.. assume it meant no more hurler in the ditch comments

A lot of people I respect have property portfolios, I don't see it as a negative.

A significant percentage of TDs have multiple properties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Superfoods

A lot of people I respect have property portfolios, I don't see it as a negative.

Its fairly clear Healy Rae is taking advantage of his position to buy up property on the cheap. I suppose if you have stuck your head in the sand for years it hard to pull it out and see what is going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭Bellview

Same here but how many of them were outside the door protesting about auctions and literally bidding on mama property at the same time..

Hei’s lucky alright even caherciveen was a lucky miss for his brand

I see Jackie Healy Rae making a tool of himself as usual.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Superfoods wrote: »
    I see Jackie Healy Rae making a tool of himself as usual.....

Link?

Igotadose wrote: »
    Link?

He was complaining about Garda after the locals got hammered in Killarney

Then had to retract the statement. Usual stupidity from the local thicko Healy Rae clan

He was complaining about Garda after the locals got hammered in Killarney

Then had to retract the statement. Usual stupidity from the local thicko Healy Rae clan

This incident ?

"The mayor of Killarney Brendan Cronin and Independent Councillor Jackie Healy-Rae have both condemned footage posted to social media showing large crowds of people singing and drinking on Killarney main street on Saturday night. Cllr Jackie Healy-Rae described the incident online as 'crazy irresponsible scenes'."

Water John wrote: »
    Has Danny opened the pub with grub being brought in?

Yes the foods cooked off premises.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Could you, rent the plate, while you're drinking? The same plate of chicken and chips could do most of the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Water John wrote: »
    Could you, rent the plate, while you're drinking? The same plate of chicken and chips could do most of the day.

Why would you need food on it?

It's strongly rumoured that some rogue publicans in a big town not too far from Kilgarvan are just placing a dirty plate on the table for any customers ordering pints.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

This incident ?

"The mayor of Killarney Brendan Cronin and Independent Councillor Jackie Healy-Rae have both condemned footage posted to social media showing large crowds of people singing and drinking on Killarney main street on Saturday night. Cllr Jackie Healy-Rae described the incident online as 'crazy irresponsible scenes'."

That incident only he posted "The Government were on about giving more powers to the Gardai to break up house parties, but, this is main street in Killarney, where were they??"

Then had to withdraw the statement when he figured out the Gardai arrived within 10 mins of the video and cleared up the issue.

Clown didn't even know what happened

Why would you need food on it?

It's strongly rumoured that some rogue publicans in a big town not too far from Kilgarvan are just placing a dirty plate on the table for any customers ordering pints.

Well nothing we can do about gobs**ts in Ireland. Seems to be a high percentage in certain counties.

That incident only he posted "The Government were on about giving more powers to the Gardai to break up house parties, but, this is main street in Killarney, where were they??"

Then had to withdraw the statement when he figured out the Gardai arrived within 10 mins of the video and cleared up the issue.

Clown didnt even know what happened

You're only surmising that.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

That incident only he posted"The Government were on about giving more powers to the Gardai to break up house parties, but, this is main street in Killarney, where were they??"

Clown didn't even know what happened

So the guards were obviously on Facebook then !

Do you know how long it was going on before the video ?

So the guards were obviously on Facebook then !

Do you know how long it was going on before the video ?
    You're only surmising that.

Who are you trying to argue with?

Jackie Healy Rae posted himself saying he was wrong. :p

My apologies, I was wrong. It's not the first time and I'm sure it won't be the last time.

Can you point out to me when I was arguing with you ?

I didn't know anything of the incident, and so I asked you for info, that's it ?

• Advertisement

Can you point out to me when I was arguing with you ?

I didn't know anything of the incident, and so I asked you for info, that's it ?

You didn’t know but made comments about the Gardai on Facebook? You also seemed to know enough to copy and paste a comment from somewhere else as well in some desperate attempt to back up the Healy Rae gobs**t .....

You didn’t know but made comments about the Gardai on Facebook? You also seemed to know enough to copy and paste a comment from somewhere else as well in some desperate attempt to back up the Healy Rae gobs**t .....

You posted that the guards didn't respond until after it was on facebook, JHR said "where were the guards", in an attempt at humour I said on facebook obviously ?

After there was no link I googled it, and found that quote, and so I asked if it was this incident ?

I have never met/voted for JHR or indeed defended him...

Your interpretation of an argument is bizarre.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

garrettod wrote: »
    Cute Hoers, seem to have Kerry completely sown up via their extended family...

However, that said, the two H-Rs are doing more for Kerry then my 5 TDs have done for Dublin North Central, (and that stands over the previous 5 year term, when 2 of the 5 TDs were Ministers sitting at the Big Table in the Dail). So, if a H-R relocates to Dublin and they are in my constituency, I'll vote for them....
    As a resident of Tralee, I can honestly tell you they have done sweet fûck all for this part of the constituency.

I struggle to see what they've done elsewhere either, apart from the better-than-average roads around Kilgarvan.

Quackster wrote: »
    As a resident of Tralee, I can honestly tell you they have done sweet fûck all for this part of the constituency.

I struggle to see what they've done elsewhere either, apart from the better-than-average roads around Kilgarvan.

There's a lot more people in Tralee than there is in Kilgarvan, how is it the Healy Raes not only keep getting elected but keep topping the polls Quackster?

There's a lot more people in Tralee than there is in Kilgarvan, how is it the Healy Raes not only keep getting elected but keep topping the polls Quackster?
    That's a good question and one I struggle to find an answer to.

I should add that the other elected TDs have done sweet fûck all for Tralee too!

That's a good question and one I struggle to find an answer to.

I should add that the other elected TDs have done sweet fûck all for Tralee too!

Maybe, just maybe, you’re personally not aware of the actual real amount of work they do for all the people of Kerry?

• Advertisement

Maybe, just maybe, you’re personally not aware of the actual real amount of work they do for all the people of Kerry?
    I'm sure they due plenty of favours for individual constituents but I see no evidence of work benefiting communities.

I'm sure they due plenty of favours for individual constituents but I see no evidence of work benefiting communities.

Count the votes.

Count the votes.
    Yep, they're doing a hell of a lot of favours!

So what are they doing?

Anything I seen listed before was jobs the local councillor should be doing

So what are they doing?

Anything I seen listed before was jobs the local councillor should be doing

Winning.

They're winning elections.

Winning them all.

They're all winners.

And the people that vote for them are winners.

Everyone's a winner baby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,024 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

You'd expect better than average roads given the amount of contracts this colorful family got over the years.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Winning.

They're winning elections.

Winning them all.

They're all winners.

And the people that vote for them are winners.

Everyone's a winner baby.

So what are they doing to win?

What are they doing in Kerry to make people vote for them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

So what are they doing to win?

What are they doing in Kerry to make people vote for them?

Appealing to the basest instincts of people.

Telling people what they want to hear regardless of facts, truth or consequences.

Knowing the people who vote for them are either too stupid to realise what's going on, or they're too selfish to care because they hope there's something in it for them.

Stick a flat cap on Donald Trump and you'd be hard pushed to tell the difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

"Puttin manners on dat crowd up in Dublin"

Edgware wrote: »
    "Puttin manners on dat crowd up in Dublin"

But are they? they have zero impact on anything. At this stage once they stand up everyone else just smiles. Leo just laughed the last time and said he had a great time in the pub.

They are not taking any jobs from other provinces, I don't see a mass exodus from anywhere to put offices into Kerry. If anything companies are shutting down in Kerry with no replacements.

They seemed to support that awful idea for a gas bomb down in Kerry. That got dropped and absolutely zero happened.

This is a good example of the Healy Rae

"One elderly lady told POLITICO her top priority in the election was the widening of a nearby road, and that she had appealed to Michael for help."

This is the job of a councillor. Not a TD. But sure she will vote him in. No matter that young people in the area have no jobs as long as Michael charged a fortune to the government to fix the road.

This is a good example of the Healy Rae

"One elderly lady told POLITICO her top priority in the election was the widening of a nearby road, and that she had appealed to Michael for help."

This is the job of a councillor. Not a TD. But sure she will vote him in. No matter that young people in the area have no jobs as long as Michael charged a fortune to the government to fix the road.

No it's not a good example, it's a great example.

That's how local politics work, do you think that lady is worried about the Dow Jones Index or the effects Brexit will have on our European partners or the amount of times her neighbours herd of cows fart or belch?

Do you think she is worried about how much Sheffield Wednesday get beaten by next week?

That's how local politics work, do you think that lady is worried about the Dow Jones Index or the effects Brexit will have on our European partners or the amount of times her neighbours herd of cows fart or belch?

Do you think she is worried about how much Sheffield Wednesday get beaten by next week?

TD = National
    Councillor = Local

Yes it is a great example of people not understanding the Irish political system

• Advertisement

TD = National
    Councillor = Local

Yes it is a great example of people not understanding the Irish political system

The people who don't understand how the system works don't get voted in.

TD = National
    Councillor = Local

Not this again.

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/government_in_ireland/national_government/houses_of_the_oireachtas/dail_eireann.html

Quote:

The work of a TD locally
    TDs have both national and local roles. As your local representative, a TD can ask questions in the Dáil or raise issues that are important to you or your local area. Most TDs have constituency clinics, where you can meet them and discuss issues that might then be raised in the Dáil or in PQs. A full list of current TDs is published on Oireachtas.ie.

The people who don't understand how the system works don't get voted in.

Exactly.

The Healy Raes have worked out that the votes of stupid people count just as much as everyone else, and the best part is you don't even have to be good at your job to get them.

All the rewards, none of the responsibility. They're political geniuses, in a way.

Not this again.

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/government_in_ireland/national_government/houses_of_the_oireachtas/dail_eireann.html

Quote:

The work of a TD locally
    TDs have both national and local roles. As your local representative, a TD can ask questions in the Dáil or raise issues that are important to you or your local area. Most TDs have constituency clinics, where you can meet them and discuss issues that might then be raised in the Dáil or in PQs. A full list of current TDs is published on Oireachtas.ie.

The Healy Rae's hold over 200 clinics a month between them, listening to people's problems and trying to find a way to help them.

This is outside of all the phone calls and emails.

Exactly.

The Healy Raes have worked out that the votes of stupid people count just as much as everyone else, and the best part is you don't even have to be good at your job to get them.

All the rewards, none of the responsibility. They're political geniuses, in a way.

You sound like you have it all sussed out, fair play.

Sounds simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,841 ✭✭✭buried

The Healy Rae's cant do anything about the likes of the Dow Jones Index, that is for sure, but no politician of any make, any party, any shape or anywhere on the globe can do F**k all about it either!

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

buried wrote: »
    The Healy Rae's cant do anything about the likes of the Dow Jones Index, that is for sure, but no politician of any make, any party, any shape or anywhere on the globe can do F**k all about it either!

I'm not sure that really matters to the lady that wants the local road widened before someone is killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,841 ✭✭✭buried

I'm not sure that really matters to the lady that wants the local road widened before someone is killed.

Oh yeah, I agree, and she is dead right too. You have to go to the loudest type of yoke on the game to get what you want in your own area. That's how the game works.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

You sound like you have it all sussed out, fair play.

Sounds simple.

It is simple in theory alright, but takes a lot of skill to execute to the level that the Healy Raes have.

To have the good people of Kerry convinced that they're humble men of the land instead of multi millionaire landlords and businessmen, it takes no small amount of guile and they've perfected their shtick.

It's just depressing that so many fall for it, that's all.

• Advertisement

It is simple in theory alright, but takes a lot of skill to execute to the level that the Healy Raes have.

To have the good people of Kerry convinced that they're humble men of the land instead of multi millionaire landlords and businessmen, it takes no small amount of guile and they've perfected their shtick.

It's just depressing that so many fall for it, that's all.

Don't be sad.

I'm sure Kerry has it's fair share of multi millionaires and business people and on the law of averages at least one in three of them are voting Healy Rae.

Advertisement