Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sallins to Dublin Airport early in the morning by public transport

Options
  • 23-05-2018 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi there,
    I will be travelling to Dublin Airport on Tuesday mornings from Sallins for flights leaving at 6.30 am. I intend n getting the 4.45 am Dublin Coach from the Storm cinema Naas  (cycling to the cinema) which arrives in for 5.25 am. I have read that Dublin Coach are dodgy on delays and cancellations but was wondering if that was the case at that time of morning. I was hoping that at 4.45 there would be less scope for problems, given the lack of traffic. I have a car but want to leave it with my wife and kids for the couple of days I will be away each week.
    Any thoughts on whether I can depend on the Dublin Coach, would be greatly appreciated. I could afford to get a taxi once ever couple of months, if there was a massive delay. Alternatively, anyone driving to Dublin at that time, feel free to PM me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,972 ✭✭✭✭listermint

If it's for work, genuine question have you considered a booked taxi and expensing it. My wife did this for all trips. It's not your cost to pay for the journey to the airport that's on the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 princip

I wouldn't be able to expense it unfortunately.

I am working for a company in the uk and they are letting me work from home 3 days a week, but part of the deal is that I cover my costs of travelling over there for the other two days.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

The airport hopper service runs from Maynooth

Would a taxi to Maynooth be affordable?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,972 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Ok i see,

Well then i suggest one of 2 things then.

Get a new job

Get your own second car.

Because this is not sustainable. You will not get joy out of that commute whatsoever specifically relying in public transport and then a plan journey.

Yeah the airport hopper looks like a runner. I imagine it would be more reliable than the Dublin coach.

I will try the public transport or paying for a lift (with someone who commutes v early) first and if it doesn't work out, I could buy a car in a couple of months. Although I have heard no reports on any difficulties on the early Dublin coaches just yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

There's a long thread on the Commuting and Transport forum about Dublin Coach

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057766687

I do agree about finding another job, it sounds like you are being taken advantage of. I've never heard of a remote worker having to pay for their own travel expenses (and I work in the IT industry where remote working is becoming more common).

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

I use Dublin Coach for early starts for work in the Airport. They are far more reliable during the early morning services 99% on time as opposed to the later services. But if left with no choice but to use them I would recommend taking the 345am bus to be safe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

JeffK88 wrote: »
    I use Dublin Coach for early starts for work in the Airport. They are far more reliable during the early morning services 99% on time as opposed to the later services. But if left with no choice but to use them I would recommend taking the 345am bus to be safe

Having been let down by DC I would agree with Jeff. Rather be early than sitting no the road wiating for a bus which has broken down

Thanks Jeff and wishyouwerehere, right I will get the 3.45 and see how it goes for the first month or so.

Advertisement