Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just signed up for BB. Can anything be done to speed up install date?

Options
  • 23-05-2018 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

As title says, I've signed up for BB with an install date of 30.05.2018. As this is the date my current provider turns my BB off I'm wondering if an earlier date is possible. There is a note left on file for this request but thought I'd ask here too.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

As title says, I've signed up for BB with an install date of 30.05.2018. As this is the date my current provider turns my BB off I'm wondering if an earlier date is possible. There is a note left on file for this request but thought I'd ask here too.

Thanks
    Hi BubbleBalls,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. 

I'm afraid I would be unable to change an appointment date from here. If an early appointment comes up this will be given to you as this is noted on the account. 

I'm sorry it's not better news. 

Thanks 

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭BubbleBalls

What am absolute farce of a set up....

I spoke with Chris from Sales, picked BB and phone but had to end the call early. He, and colleagues, called me daily until I could finally take the call and set up payment. Chris said he would call me later that day to confirm all was in order. I received no call.

The install date was planned for Wed (30.05.2018) I called on Tues, as I had not heard from Eir, and was told no appointment was made and that it would be 10 to 12 more days before a new install could happen. Not good enough.

I asked for cancellation and was put through to Sophie who guaranteed an installer would be with me today if I could wait a few days. I agreed.

Just off the phone to Eir who have confirmed again that no appointment was planned for today, that I should cancel my account, create a new one, and a new appointment could be made - But a date could not be confirmed. I asked Louise could I talk to a manager and was told a manager would contact me 24 to 48 later.

So I'll be sticking with Virgin. Eir have been totally unprofessional and cost me alot of time.

For anyone on the fence - steer clear. Dealings with Virgin have always been smooth.
    Hi BubbleBalls,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. 

I'm afraid I would be unable to change an appointment date from here. If an early appointment comes up this will be given to you as this is noted on the account. 

I'm sorry it's not better news. 

Thanks 

Tracey

Advertisement