Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Broadband cancellation

Options
  • 23-05-2018 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I decided to cancell my eir mobile broadband. 
    First time I phoned saturday, 19 of May, and was told to contact cancellation team on Monday.
    When I phoned Monday, 21 of May, and request cancellation, I was told that my broadband will be cancelled from 21 of June, and my final bill will be issued at 5 of July. I was also told, that in the next 10 minutes I will get confirmation of  request for cancellation by email. It's over 24 hours gone, I never got this confirmation.
    My broadband number is <snip>. Can you either send me this confirmation, or advise on how can I get it, please?
    Thanks a lot!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Crocus wrote: »
    I decided to cancell my eir mobile broadband. 
    First time I phoned saturday, 19 of May, and was told to contact cancellation team on Monday.
    When I phoned Monday, 21 of May, and request cancellation, I was told that my broadband will be cancelled from 21 of June, and my final bill will be issued at 5 of July. I was also told, that in the next 10 minutes I will get confirmation of  request for cancellation by email. It's over 24 hours gone, I never got this confirmation.
    My broadband number is <snip>. Can you either send me this confirmation, or advise on how can I get it, please?
    Thanks a lot!
    Hi Crocus, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us today.

The system will block your personal details from the page for security reasons. Feel free to PM me the mobile, PIN, address and date of birth and I'll have a look into this for you.  

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭xFROSTY Gx

Similar query as the OP. I gave my 30 days notice to cancel broadband on the 23rd of April. Today 23rd of May I received a confirmation email confirming account will close 30 days from now. Care to explain this one? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

xFROSTY Gx wrote: »
    Similar query as the OP. I gave my 30 days notice to cancel broadband on the 23rd of April. Today 23rd of May I received a confirmation email confirming account will close 30 days from now. Care to explain this one? 
    Hi xFROSTY Gx ,

Feel free to PM me your full name and account number and I can look into this for you.

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement