Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC U12 Plus

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

I thought about starting the thread myself. Typing this out on my U11 that to be honest I can't really justify upgrading to anything from.

The translucent blue looks fantastic but I would still have to throw a lump of plastic around it.

I bought a U11+ for herself in November so I have a fair idea already what the hardware and software design experience is.

One thing annoys me is the HTC apps are well out of date, dialer etc are terrible. And it sort of bothers me to spend 700/800 on a phone you need to replace all the stock apps on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭GIMP

Nice phone, very little in it compared to U11/U11+ will Irish carriers stock it, looks like no carrier in the US is stocking it.

Have become more and more meh about HTC over the years, after being a huge fanboy.

Can be purchased for €719 through HTC club. Still expensive, though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

U11 didn't sway me at upgrade time last year (S8 did screen/headphone jack!) having used exclusively HTC for several years i felt they dropped the ball and where trying to play catch up with poor battery life and specs, it would seem they are slowly getting there again hopefully with the google involvement it might kick start them again i just don't think there in top5 choice of flagship phones anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

I was concerned about the lack of headphone jack at first but the audio experience is so much better than the 4 Samsung flagships I've had before it. Battery life is still better than the S7 it replaced too. Personally I also use the edge squeeze nearly daily. I've the 6GB RAM U11 and it hasn't slowed a bit over the past year.

Personally I don't think it's missing much specs wise, a more vibrant LED panel would be nice but overall it's still a top tier phone just lacking that killer wow feature in today's jam packed market.

• Advertisement

More reviews I watch the more I want it. 64gb for Europe only, at the moment anyway. Last year they made the 128gb U11 available eventually so might wait.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Anyone know if Eir is getting this?
    Ive been holding out on an upgrade since the start of April and I do like my HTCs
    Current phone is a HTC 10 that I got on my last upgrade 2 years ago.
    Its still my everyday phone and runs as smooth as the day I got it.
    Was considering the P20 pro or even going the Apple route :eek::eek::eek:

The more reviews I read on this the more I want one. 64gb doesn't really bother me as it does have a card slot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lougrass

Testament1 wrote: »
    Announced today, no real surprises given pretty much everything had leaked beforehand. Still, gorgeous looking phone like it's predecessor. The U11 is still one of my favourite devices I've ever used and that blue back still catches my gaze. Audio experience is fantastic too so hopefully they've managed to build on that.

Anyone here interested in getting one or is the lack of a thread beforehand indicative of the dwindling interest in HTC in general?

Anyone find an irish network selling the U12+? I really want to get it! My longest lasting phones have always been HTC.....currently using the One for 5 years and it's only now starting to get a bit sluggish!

Only way to get it officially is direct from HTC. If you sign up for the htc club there's 10% off which makes it 719 at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Very disappointed with this latest model.

Far preferred the HTC U11.

Hoping some whizz kid can offer me some advice.

If I press the power button in the midst of a phone conversation it will end the call if one is'nt ridiculously careful.

Very annoying,any solutions??

seligehgit wrote: »
    Very disappointed with this latest model.

Far preferred the HTC U11.

Hoping some whizz kid can offer me some advice.

If I press the power button in the midst of a phone conversation it will end the call if one is'nt ridiculously careful.

Very annoying,any solutions??

Settings - accessibility - power button ends call. See if its switched on?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Settings - accessibility - power button ends call. See if its switched on?

You're a star!

Advertisement