Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Soccer Forum

Options
  • 23-05-2018 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've been banned for a month from the Soccer Forum for what was seriously a throwaway remark, no offence was intended it was light humour imo.

Someone had mentioned the West Ham owners as the 'Davids' so I fixed their post to call them 'The Dildo Brothers' it was clearly referencing a recent war of words between West Ham and Sporting...Find article here....https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/sporting-president-labels-west-ham-owners-the-dildo-brothers-as-war-of-words-over-william-carvalho-a3628721.html

I was not being abusive I was just referencing that incident which was amusing to me and I thought others would find it funny too.

I've Pm'd the mod in question but have not had a reply, that was a couple of nights ago. So is there any chance this ban can be over turned.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Radio silence on this issue, any mods about?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I will ask one of the Sports CMods to look at this

Just one point to clarify - you received a yellow for that post, and the ban was applied automatically under the forum "totting up" process

Beasty wrote: »
    I will ask one of the Sports CMods to look at this

Just one point to clarify - you received a yellow for that post, and the ban was applied automatically under the forum "totting up" process

Yea, I knew another yellow would lead to a month ban, so I was trying to behave myself! Just didn't expect a yellow for the post in question, a very soft yellow imo. It was pretty much a nothing post!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Can you forward me the PM you sent and I'll take a look.

Thanks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Thanks for the pm.

I appreciate that what you posted was in jest, however it was still a rule breach.

If you had included a link to the article in question when you posted then it would mitigate it.

I'm waiting to hear the moderators side of it.

• Advertisement

The waters are a bit muddy regards abuse. I understand personal abuse is one thing but abuse of managers players etc seems a bit more complicated.

An example for me would be the Everton fans referring to their Ex manager as Bfs which is big fat Sam, I never saw any moderation of that, surely that would be classed as abuse too?

Regards posting the link in my OP that you mentioned I never considered it I honestly thought everybody was well aware of it.

Hi,
    The soccer forum was understandably very busy over the last day or two and there are a backlog of issues so I am going to give the moderator concerned an opportunity to engage with you before continuing this appeal.

This has been sorted between the mod concerned and the OP.

Can be marked resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement