Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saorview Installers

Options
  • 23-05-2018 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

Anyone able to recommend someone locally that can install Saorview TV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Anyone able to recommend someone locally that can install Saorview TV

If you’re handy, it ain’t rocket science.And depending on your location, it could be as simple as plugging an indoor antenna into the back of a <6yr old TVs and retuning.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 checky88

An indoor antenna would hardly work in Dublin 15 would it?

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭annfield1978

I want to get additional channels anyway via freesat or HD Combo box

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭cython

checky88 wrote: »

Works ok for me 5 mins walk from Coolmine train station, albeit not on ground floor.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Why wouldn't it, its not like D15 is under the shadow of some mountain in a remote valley in the west of Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

I’ve an indoor antenna on my tv in the kitchen, it’s a revez one I got from power city for about €25. You plug it in (I believe it may have a small signal amplifier inside) and works perfectly. Located near coolmine.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

I tried using an internal antenna (near Blanch Village) and it didn't work. The TV was next to the Chimney so that might have blocked the signal.

We used sat-tech to put in our Saorview aerial and found him good. Now he only have to put up the aerial as all the wiring was already completed so it wasn't the most complicated job. But he lives in Clonee so just by.

Go to power city.
    Buy one (get the ‘one for all’ branded amplified offering if you have 25€ spare)
    Test it.
    If it doesn’t work, repackage and get a refund.
    No damage done;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

I was at a wedding of two Saorview installers yesterday, The Church wasn't great but the reception was brilliant! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭ozmo

Should be fine - place in a window on the side of the house nearest the mountains - Could be wrong but I think thats where the transmitter is.

The Bunny Ears Antennae from an Old Portable TV worked for me for a test - perfect reception but looked ridiculous on a flat screen :)

I got a nice compact one from fairyhouse market for 15 Euros - seller there sells loads of them.

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭knick_knack

I got a crowd in who did the whole lot, dish, box and channel setup. We paid a bit more to get both saorview and freeview. I'll pm you on the details.

I got a crowd in who did the whole lot, dish, box and channel setup. We paid a bit more to get both saorview and freeview. I'll pm you on the details.

What were you charged out of interest, and was a single room or multi? Record facility or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭knick_knack

dodzy wrote: »
    What were you charged out of interest, and was a single room or multi? Record facility or not?

Think it was about 180 with a dish, box and setup of the channels - done for a single room.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 checky88

Think it was about 180 with a dish, box and setup of the channels - done for a single room.

That seems like a very good deal would you mind PM me the details of who done it for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 redhand07

That seems like a very good deal would you mind PM me the details of who done it for you?

Wouldn’t mind it either too please.

Combo box 60
    Dish with LNB 40
    Cable 20
    Combiners 10
    Antenna 20

Ballpark prices above excluding a few other bits and bobs, etc. never mind labour.

Can’t see how 180 is even nearly possible even going the non saorview route.

Advertisement