Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billing

Options
  • 23-05-2018 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi. My direct debit returned unpaid on May 17th. Will it be recalled again? I just see a security deposit request of 300 on my account. What does this mean.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Jwot,

Thank you for getting in touch.

New customers (registered for 14 months or less) are required to pay the security deposit if they do not set up direct debit (payment of the security deposit is not necessary then). If the customer's direct debit becomes cancelled during this 14 months however, direct debit is no longer the payment method on their Electric Ireland account so the security deposit charge is automatically applied. Reinstatement of the direct debit will remove the security deposit charge though, and the bill will be collected approximately two weeks after.

You can set up your direct debit again by telephoning Electric Ireland Customer Service on 1850 372 372 (alternatively 01 8529534). We are unable to carry out processes relating to direct debit here on Electric Ireland Social Media, however if you would like us to review the account after you reset your direct debit, do private message us the relevant Electric Ireland account number, stating that you are the account-holder and confirming your name, address and your telephone number for security/verification. We will respond as soon as possible.

Thanks,
    Una

Advertisement