Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing a CPU in my dual set up

Options
  • 23-05-2018 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭

Hey, wondering if anyone could help...

Iv a HP z800 with windows 10 running two Intel Xeon X5675 (3.07ghz 6 cores) and I noticed today that one of them isn't showing up anymore its coming up in dxdiag and cinema 4d as just a 6 core machine. My dual 8 core z820 is still coming up as 16. Anyone know what I can do to figure out what wrong? I opened it up and nothing loose anyway and ran intel processsor diagnostic app and its only recognizing CPU 1... any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

AFAIK it's a 6-core / 12 thread CPU, with only 1 die.
    Can you validate the machine with CPU-Z or Speccy?

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

Yea socket 0 is turning up blank, socket 1 is showing cores threads etc in CPU-Z. I reset the CMOS for the hell of it and no joy with that. Do processors just die sometimes?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Guess you'll need to do the following tests:

Swap CPU0 with CPU1
    Keep CPU0, Remove CPU1
    Remove CPU0, Keep CPU1

That should let you know if either of the CPUs failed, or just a motherboard socket.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

QS?
    ES?

Forget software, go to the horses mouth: BIOS.

Advertisement