Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printer printing mirror of graphic.

Options
  • 23-05-2018 4:23pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have a peculiar problem.

My HP laser printer (HP Laserjet P2055D) has printed out a graphic in mirror form.

I am running Win 10 on an HP desktop. I used the snipping tool to copy the graphic, and printed it directly from the tool and it came out backwards (mirrored). I copied the image to Word and printed that and it came out mirrored as well, even though the preview was not mirrored.

Now a separate Sniptool printout is fine - same technique, same source, only the mirrored one is landscape rather than portrait).

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Where you plying with printer settings lately?
    Some printer driver have option to print "Flip horizontal, Mirror image, Reverse, or Rotate".
    Go back to "printer properties" and check for these settings. Refer to your printer manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

T-shirt transfer mode?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Where you plying with printer settings lately?
    Some printer driver have option to print "Flip horizontal, Mirror image, Reverse, or Rotate".
    Go back to "printer properties" and check for these settings. Refer to your printer manual.

No, not fiddled with settings.

I used 'Snipping tool' to copy the image as I often do. Normally it works without problem. Now for this image, I had to print in landscape, and image is mirrored.

I then copied to to a Word doc and did a preview, and it was OK, but when printed, it was mirrored. I tried rotating the image 90 deg and printed it, still it mirrored. I then flipped it in Word and it printed correctly.

I am interested in what is going on, not particularly in this particular image. It appears to be when I print in landscape. Most peculiar.

Is this happening to that specific file or any print job?
    You could play trying to troubleshoot issue or you could just uninstall printer driver from "device manager"(not just delete printer). Then install fresh driver from official HP site and see if it resolves.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Is this happening to that specific file or any print job?
    You could play trying to troubleshoot issue or you could just uninstall printer driver from "device manager"(not just delete printer). Then install fresh driver from official HP site and see if it resolves.

Only that file. I have too printer drivers, one specifically for this model, and one-fits-all HP driver. Both did the same thing.

Now I have not had this happen before but it is the first time I have tried to print landscape. (Well, I remember it happened once before, but I cannot remember the circumstances).

Now I did print out a lot of landscape images using Snipping Tool without incident - but that was six months ago.

Now, I had a major Win 10 update recently so that might have something to do with it.

• Advertisement

Now, I had a major Win 10 update recently so that might have something to do with it.
    Very well might be

Very well might be

I'll reload the driver and see how that works.

Advertisement