Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self-Taught Economics for Leaving Cert Exam?

Options
  • 23-05-2018 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I want to do an extra subject for my leaving cert as I am doing 6 currently because I have an exemption from Irish (since I moved here from England after I turned 11yrs). I want to know if people think it's possible for me to teach myself the subject via a textbook and other online resources without a teacher. I'm doing my Junior Cert at the moment and I know that for most of my subjects all the notes we are given by the teacher are directly from the textbook but simplified (something I do already myself when preparing for exams) or taken from marking schemes form previous exam papers (something I also currently do). The most teachers do is explain the material, but if I'm really stuck on something then surely I could ask a teacher at my school who knows the course?
    With this is in mind, I hope I will be able to learn the subject without the need of a tutor or grinds, for financial reasons. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Tristan_

You can definitely do it. People teach themselves Economics all the time, it's a very short course.

Advertisement