Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nearly went through red light on Church St Dublin

Options
  • 23-05-2018 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭

Because some Dickh€ad decided to put a referendum poster on a pole directly blocking my line of sight with the left hand traffic light, only copped after looking at the right hand one. Shouldn’t have to deal with this pointless way of, for want of a better word, electioneering.
    Maybe a less experienced biker might have been split.
    P1ssed off with this carry on.

Semi rant over😖

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

Because some Dickh€ad decided to put a referendum poster on a pole directly blocking my line of sight with the left hand traffic light, only copped after looking at the right hand one. Shouldn’t have to deal with this pointless way of, for want of a better word, electioneering.
    Maybe a less experienced biker might have been split.
    P1ssed off with this carry on.

Semi rant over😖

Sorry to hear, glad you're alright.
    Report the poster to the Gardai so they remove it.
    I'm pretty sure it's an offence to block a traffic signal like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Report it to the council and it will be removed and the originator fined.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Was it for "Yes" or "No" vote....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,087 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

These posters should be banned. They have never influenced my decision on a referendum or election. They are not great for the environment & look terrible. The cable ties from them are left on lamp posts till the next election.

The serve no real purpose imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Was it for "Yes" or "No" vote....

Don’t know, I drive quick and it was a shocker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Same on the Swords road....poxy posters blocking line if sight to traffic lights.

Dickheads the lot of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Mrhuth

Guarantee you it was for a no vote since they are the ones spaming every lamp post with multiple posts. Same thing near my house, got so pissed off that I wanted to go out at night and take them all down but I didn't went through with it unfortunately. Anyone putting these posters up should be immediately sent to auschwitz
    showers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

They always put them up where they aren't allowed, like on motorways, roundabouts, near junctions. But the simple excuse everyone uses to get away with it is "we use a contractor to do it, it wasn't us". Shít excuse? Yes, but it's the one always trotted out and gets them off the hook

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Mrhuth wrote: »
    Guarantee you it was for a no vote since they are the ones spaming every lamp post with multiple posts. Same thing near my house, got so pissed off that I wanted to go out at night and take them all down but I didn't went through with it unfortunately. Anyone putting these posters up should be immediately sent to auschwitz
    showers.

Sorry to break your heart here, but the only posters I've seen blocking sight of traffic lights were yes posters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Mrhuth

Sorry to break your heart here, but the only posters I've seen blocking sight of traffic lights were yes posters.

Of course you did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,357 ✭✭✭bladespin

Definitely have to disagree on that, I'm sure both sides are at it but no posters are certainly targetting traffic lights around the country, even saw one eegit this morning waving a placard up in front if traffic lights.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Mrhuth wrote: »
    Of course you did.

Damn shame you've been banned, but to those who seem to agree with this. I've no agenda here. People seem to immediately assume the yes campaigners are right minded so do no wrong.

Drive out of the city along parkgate street or through kylemore. If you aren't familiar with them you won't notice you can't see a number of traffic lights.

bladespin wrote: »
    Definitely have to disagree on that, I'm sure both sides are at it but no posters are certainly targetting traffic lights around the country, even saw one eegit this morning waving a placard up in front if traffic lights.

Around of the Northridge of the city there's a lot of people campaigning for yes that have been in junctions during traffic. I see it in ballymun, glasnevin and by Hanlons corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,087 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Thought for the day: if Ronan Mullen was playing in traffic, would you brake? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,988 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Don't forget to grab a few for doing an oil change. Always handy under the bike to catch any drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

CrankyHaus wrote:
    I'm pretty sure it's an offence to block a traffic signal like that.

It is indeed an offence..
    I got a couple removed that were blocking pedestrian lights....

Advertisement