Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got Notice From Landlady, Hard to find place for Family. :(

Options
  • 23-05-2018 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey, I am staying with family in Dublin for 2 yrs (same apartment) and got notice (2months) from landlady to leave the apartment as she planned to come back to her own apartment. I am searching the place for my family (me, spouse and 2 kids) but no luck yet. Looks like Real Estate Agent and Landlord do not want to the family person (my experience ). 
    So I don't find the place to leave then what should I do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭_brendand_

It's certainly a tough situation, for everybody involved in finding new properties to rent. I haven't seen that there's any particular bias against families, but landlords do want to see that you can afford the rent and have good references, both employment wise and from your previous landlord. What sort of budget do you have? Expect to pay 2000 euro + for the kind of accommodation you'd require. Look far and wide, as long as you can get to work in a reasonable time. You can't afford to be picky unfortunately. It sucks and no-one has any idea when it will get better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi Op

Can you move further outside dublin and commute a little further? should help you find a place as the demand isnt as savage.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Creol1

Hopefully you will be able to get somewhere else but if you haven't been able to find somewhere in time you should be aware of your rights because if the landlady physically tries to remove you without appropriate legal authorisation that is unlawful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

From a landlord point of view, there can be some bias toward only professionals. Nothing to do with the people, it’s just with kids, there is more wear and tear in a house or at least that’s what Iv noticed. Don’t get me wrong some family keep the house in perfect condition but on average kids tend to wear down a place quicker than professionals. You’ll get there eventually, on the bonus side of things Iv noticed family’s tend to stay longer in a place so there’s less downtime in between tenancies

Advertisement