Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three arena sneaky insurance charges

Options
  • 23-05-2018 7:46pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 49

The last time I went to the 3 arena, there was a €5.50 optional insurance charge sneaked on. And the thing is, I didn't remember seeing this at all when I was paying for it. Usually you'd notice an automatically ticked box! This sort of thing drives me mad.

For the tickets I'm about to purchase now, I see a €6.25 service charge, and a €1 facility charge for each ticket. Surely there's a few of ye who must know a thing or two about this? There's no chance that they hide this optional insurance charge within the service charge? or something like that?!

You can get the money back alright if you ring up about it - but you'd never find the time to remember to ring up over €5.50!

I want to be sure I get it right this time! Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

CulptPrit wrote: »
    The last time I went to the 3 arena, there was a €5.50 optional insurance charge sneaked on. And the thing is, I didn't remember seeing this at all when I was paying for it. Usually you'd notice an automatically ticked box! This sort of thing drives me mad.

For the tickets I'm about to purchase now, I see a €6.25 service charge, and a €1 facility charge for each ticket. Surely there's a few of ye who must know a thing or two about this? There's no chance that they hide this optional insurance charge within the service charge? or something like that?!

You can get the money back alright if you ring up about it - but you'd never find the time to remember to ring up over €5.50!

I want to be sure I get it right this time! Thanks
    Just had a look at the page, the optional instance literally takes up 75% of the page (all the red bit below), and you need to tick the box at the bottom to select it:
    Payment

Credit / Debit Card
    This card is associated with billing address: xxxx. Need to change delivery method? Go Back

VISAVISA -1234Exp. 12/19Edit|Delete

VISAVISA -4567Exp. 5/22
    + Add New Card
    Voucher / Gift Card
    + Add a voucher / gift card
    Protect your ticket purchase
    Get Missed Event Insurance from Allianz Global Assistance for an additional €4.50 per ticket, inclusive of Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) at the current rate. This charge is in addition to the order total displayed above and will be charged separately by Allianz Global Assistance and will appear on your statement as "Allianz Tktmaster".

If you are unable to attend the specific event in the Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland for which you purchased your Missed Event Insurance, for any number of covered reasons, including illness, travel delay and more, you'll be reimbursed for this purchase*. (* Terms and Conditions Apply )

For full details about the services Allianz Global Assistance offers you and the Missed Event Insurance product information please click here .

You may cancel your Missed Event Insurance within 14 days of the date of purchase and receive a full refund of the premium. Applies only if the event has not commenced or a claim has not been submitted. Details of how to cancel can be found in the policy documentation.

By clicking 'yes' you authorise Ticketline trading as Ticketmaster (incorporated in the Republic of Ireland, Company Number: 135876) to pass your name, address, credit/debit card details, ticket purchase information, email address and personal details to Allianz Global Assistance who will charge your credit/debit card and forward your policy documentation to you by email.

Please note that the purchase of Missed Event Insurance is not compulsory.
    Ticketline trading as Ticketmaster (incorporated in the Republic of Ireland Company Number 135876) Registered address 70 Grafton Street, Dublin 2.

Missed Event Insurance is underwritten by AWP P&C SA and is administered as a branch in the UK by Allianz Global Assistance. Allianz Global Assistance is a trading name of AWP Assistance (UK) Limited, Registered in England No. 1710361. Registered Office: PO Box 74005, 60 Gracechurch Street, London EC3P 3DS. Vat No 384 4638 21.
    www.allianz-assistance.co.uk, email address: missedeventinsurance@allianz-assistance.co.uk

AWP P&C SA is authorised by Autorité de Contrôle Prudentiel et de resolution in France and is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland for the conduct of business rules.

AWP Assistance Ireland Limited may act as an agent for AWP P&C SA in the Republic of Ireland with respect to the receipt of customer money, for the purpose of settling claims and handling premium refunds. AWP Assistance (UK) Limited may act as an agent for AWP P&C SA in the Republic of Ireland for complaints handling.

AWP Assistance Ireland Ltd trading as Allianz Worldwide Partners and Allianz Global Assistance is registered in Ireland No 163174, Registered Office 18b Beckett Way, Park West Business Campus, Nangor Road, Dublin 12, D12 R297, Ireland VAT No 4887986M.

AWP Assistance Ireland Ltd is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.

* Selection Required

YES, Protect My Purchase. I confirm that I am an Irish resident and that I have read, understood and saved the services, terms and conditions of the Missed Event Insurance
    No

Event Partners *
    Don’t miss out! You can receive updates about events, activities, news, products and special offers from the organisers of this event:

Mcd productions

Yes! I want to be kept updated by electronic means (e.g. email, SMS etc.)
    No, I don’t want to hear from them
    By clicking "Place Order" you agree to our Purchase Policy

Please also note:
    Tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase, save as provided in our Purchase Policy.
    We may cancel any order(s) in excess of the ticket limit without notice.
    All orders are subject to account approval and billing address verification.
    We will provide the organiser of this event with your information for the purposes of event management, analytics, marketing (where you have consented) and as further described in their privacy policy. The organiser may disclose your information to others involved in the event where necessary for event management. Please see our Privacy Notice for further information including how to exercise your data privacy rights.

Total: €192.70
    BUY NOW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

3arena don't offer the insurance, Ticketmaster do.

And you were charged it because you ticked the box that says "yes, I want the insurance".

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

CulptPrit wrote: »
    Usually you'd notice an automatically ticked box!

It's not automatically ticked.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 49 CulptPrit

3arena don't offer the insurance, Ticketmaster do.

And you were charged it because you ticked the box that says "yes, I want the insurance".
    I'd no memory of it when it happened last. Very strange

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭Wheety

The box is not pre-ticked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

€6.25 service charge and a €1 facility charge are standard fees for 3arena gigs.
    They're not optional insurance, they are compulsory booking fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

86346_B5_E_98_C4_410_E_A279_C713_C9687634.jpg

aaa.jpg

Advertisement