Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TAARUP MOWER - BED OVERHEATING

Options
  • 23-05-2018 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭

Hi

I've a TAARUP 306 mower . Kuhn 8 ft bed. The bed has a very small leak in it. Topped a small field today, just to get things ready before cutting silage, and the bed got very hot.

I think it's 1.4L of oil it takes but hard to tell how much to put in when topping it up. Would too much oil cause the bed to overheat ? As well as too little I would imagine . Other than that , what would be other reasons?

Anyone know what height should the oil level be at when the bed is flat ??

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭joejobrien

Hi

I've a TAARUP 306 mower . Kuhn 8 ft bed. The bed has a very small leak in it. Topped a small field today, just to get things ready before cutting silage, and the bed got very hot.

I think it's 1.4L of oil it takes but hard to tell how much to put in when topping it up. Would too much oil cause the bed to overheat ? As well as too little I would imagine . Other than that , what would be other reasons?

Anyone know what height should the oil level be at when the bed is flat

Thanks

yes too much oil will definitly cause bed to over heat , ring main agent to confirm oil quainty and oil spec. safest option

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mad-for-tar

Manual here https://www.kvgportal.com/W_global/Media/lexcom/KT/OM/OM_TAARUP_306-7_EN_39036105.PDF
    Don’t know if it suits your model or not or if bed is original (you mention Kuhn). For service it says 1.75 litres but see page 28 and 29 how to check it.

Hope it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭abnormalnorman

Manual here https://www.kvgportal.com/W_global/Media/lexcom/KT/OM/OM_TAARUP_306-7_EN_39036105.PDF
    Don’t know if it suits your model or not or if bed is original (you mention Kuhn). For service it says 1.75 litres but see page 28 and 29 how to check it.

Hope it helps.
    Thanks very much. I think there all a kuhn bed originally ??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

Drain it and fill with correct amount.check oil that comes out for fillings

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭Odelay

What type of oil are you using?

• Advertisement
Advertisement