Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society-Mitchelstown-June 16th-11:00am

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭benny79

Another great outing and a hidden gem of a course. Like someone said I love these not talked about courses and although the address is Cork really isnt that far..

Had the pleasure of playing with Jarrieta for the first time and a really good golfer he hits his rescue a mile! Really thought he had this one. He went on a run of pars at the turn only to follow it up with a run of scratches sadly struggling off the Tee a bit. But his game is there..

My own game well I was just hoping to play well of my new HC :D after struggling a bit with my driver the last few weeks I was back to smashing it. Tee to green I was excellent, My chipping was average but in fairness I hadnt got many chips as I was hitting most in GIR.. But my putting which is my strongest part of my game was shocking I think I had about 9, 3 putts. Probably even more had 3 or 4 good birdie chances only for ball to skim edge of cup go 5/6 ft pass and Id miss the putt back! Golf is a mad game! I just couldnt get the grip of the greens at all..

Congrats to Doublecross what a super round absolute masterclass of golf... Off scratch for next outing! :D who says you cant win of a low HC.

Cheers Post Punk on another great outing I really liked the course would love to play it again as I found it a very interesting course and its a course you would need to know your way around as on a lot of holes you cant see the green.

On to the next one. Cant wait hopefully my game clicks because Im very close I can feel it...

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭a post punk

Great to hear the positive feedback on Mitchelstown Golf Club lads. A good test of golf Saturday even off the whites. I just could not get the speed of the greens, I didn’t actually play that bad myself just had a few 1 pointers from putting way past the hole and missing a few back. I was just off the green on the par 5 10th in 3 shots and took a 6, same again on the 13th hit the best 3 wood I’ve ever hit to be just over the green in 2 and took a 6 again.......I wasn’t watching my score so I took out my new driver (only 7 days old ) on 18 to try get the longest drive and barely made the fairway!! Ended up scratching 18 and a par would have given me a place at least.Only 25 points on my home course was disappointing but I had great company in Charlie and Davo19 :)
    Looking forward to Palmerstown which is the day before My holidays.... Can’t wait !!
    :):):)

Advertisement