Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Website

• 23-05-2018 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi
    So I am currently looking at getting a new website. Just a small ecommerce website nothing too spectacular. Anyway I'm a little confused on quotes and things like that so I was wondering if someone here could point me in the right direction.

I've been offered quotes anywhere from 800 up to thousands. I can figure that out myself but I'm a little confused with maintenance and things like that. Some are saying I will need a maintenance contract and then some don't even mention maintenance contracts. The quotes for maintenance are anywhere from €20.00 to €79.00 a month.

Do I even need to take maintenance or is something I should take. And how much should I expect to pay for something like that. Sorry I don't know too much about stuff like this so hopefully someone might be able to point me in the right direction

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 57 ✭✭Blackstar767

Ecommerce takes setting up, so even if it's a small shop, you're likely to be charged extra for that.

If you don't know your way around a website, you will need maintenance. It might be best to have a website done in Wordpress (or other CMS) because they are easier to edit later, should you decide you don't want to continue to pay for maintenance. In the case of WP, basic maintenance usually means: updating the plugins, the theme and WP itself. Then there are also occasional bugs that need fixing, or just general content changes when needed (text, images, news, blog, shop in your case).

Just curious, what is the website for?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mark_rush

Thanks for tips.

Its just for a small side business myself and my girlfriend have. We sell natural products for pets. Shampoo's and natural food supplements things like that. Around 10-15 products not a lot really.

I suppose there is quite a bit of work involved in maintaining a website its not something I thought off really untill it was mentioned in some of the quotes

Advertisement