Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Service kits - where do you buy yours?

• 23-05-2018 8:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 287 ✭✭draycottgirlz

Hi all

Where do you buy your service parts?
    Does everyone buy on eBay and Amazon? Does anyone buy their parts locally (Dublin)?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I get my oil from motorcycleshop.ie which comes from lee honda in cork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Everything comes from Ebay.

I know we should support our local bike shops, but Ebay is just so much cheaper for consumables like service kits, brake pads & other sundries that you can easily do yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,085 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Mixture of places motorshop ie . Sportsbikes UK and eBay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Mrhuth

Mostly sportbikeshop, thevisorshop and ebay. The prices in here are almost always 20% or more expensive. I have actually yet to find anything that is cheaper in Ireland than buying online. I use amazon UK a lot as well since they post orders over 25£ to Ireland for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭tico1300

I use amazon, eBay, m&p direct, I’m in limerick so my choices are very limited
    Meskells are a bit pricey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Just a word of warning. Be careful with buying spark plugs off ebay and even some sellers on Amazon, there are a lot of fakes out there.

That being said, I buy most of my bits from ebay and Amazon. I also find motorcycleshop.ie to be very good as mentioned. Keep an eye on their clearance section, I have got some good bargains there. I like them cause they do next day DPD delivery if you order more than €50 worth.

Hi all

Where do you buy your service parts?
    Does everyone buy on eBay and Amazon? Does anyone buy their parts locally (Dublin)?

Cheers

M&P direct in Wales for everything and I recommend goldfren brake pads, someone on here possibly (Maikkomi sp) said they were good and they are very good and really cheap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Anyone buy AllBalls bearings rather than oem?
    Much cheaper...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

depends on what you need ? if its just basic like plugs , oil , air filters and oil and stuff motorcycleshop.ie :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Zipppy wrote: »
    Anyone buy AllBalls bearings rather than oem?
    Much cheaper...

I prefer to use koyo bearings myself.
    I think allballs are rebranded Chinese bearings.

• Advertisement

blade1 wrote: »
    I prefer to use koyo bearings myself.
    I think allballs are rebranded Chinese bearings.

Yeah same, I looked in all balls when I was changing the wheel bearings in the Gixxer. I used koyo originals aswell reading reviews of all balls they are chinese ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Jackdaw89

I bought a nice few bits off https://m.louis.ie, their a German company. You can select your bike form their search tool and anything they have thats compatible with your bike will pop up like service parts and add on’s like levers and slipons.
    Iv used motorcycle.ie shop to run by lee Honda the lads in their are bang on. The visorshop up north are great to.

Advertisement