Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike repair in D15 other than Halfords & cyclezone?

Options
  • 23-05-2018 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

Anybody know any other places in the area?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

The next nearest that I can think of is Stagg Cycles in Lucan village.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Any reason for Cyclezone?? Dont work there, but curious

I no since I got back cycling ive had issues with almost EVERY shop/repair place, seems theres a im better than you attitude in cycling

• Registered Users Posts: 7,399 ✭✭✭fletch

What is with bike shops always trying to pull a fast one... not referring to the ones mentioned but only recently one bike shop said my brake pads needed replacing when there is absolutely loads of rubber left on them . Another said my chain was worn out which I had literally only replaced about a week or two previously and probably covered 50km max on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

fletch wrote: »
    What is with bike shops always trying to pull a fast one... not referring to the ones mentioned but only recently one bike shop said my brake pads needed replacing when there is absolutely loads of rubber left on them . Another said my chain was worn out which I had literally only replaced about a week or two previously and probably covered 50km max on.

As I said ive found non stop issues since back cycling

At the minute im trying to change from three chain-rings to one and its a joke now
    • Trade in your one year old bike and buy new one that has one chain ring
    • 80 on Facebook messenger and jumped to 300 over a call
    • 480 then down to 115
    • We dont really do mountain bikes, then go onto their site and selling at least 10 variations
    • Opened message on Facebook messenger and no reply or never open message
    • Ah sure drive other side of Dublin and leave it with us
    SO many more people cycling, but seems shops etc just see this as asn excuse to take the piss and cash in or attempt to

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭sham58107

Guys most repairs are not that hard to do yourselves, parts very cheap on line, think most shops now just want to sell bikes, and not repair.

If you have no tools, also on line, and YouTube is great, or any cycling mag website explain everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭cython

sham58107 wrote: »
    Guys most repairs are not that hard to do yourselves, parts very cheap on line, think most shops now just want to sell bikes, and not repair.

If you have no tools, also on line, and YouTube is great, or any cycling mag website explain everything.

This is probably a reasonable assessment of a lot, though certainly not all, bike shops. There's one guy I could name in D8 who has a premises, but only does repairs and accessories sales who is definitely the exception to this (and very good, but out of the way for this discussion, hence not naming unless asked), and then there are a few mobile mechanics who do repairs exclusively, who may be an option for you (e.g. https://www.facebook.com/Mobile-bicycle-sales-and-service-277274459006575/ - no experience of same to comment as to quality)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

In my experience the queue for repairs takes forever. They aren't interested in older bikes anyway.

Advertisement