Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do you do with people like this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Can I've the number of her dentist?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Cripes. I hope she got arrested. That misfortunate child, what a ghastly education it is receiving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

I believe there is good dental treatment offered in prisons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

GreeBo wrote: »

Poor kid doesn't stand a chance.

Sterilise the woman and arrange for Tusla to transfer the child to foster parents for its own safety.

Mother will be permitted to have regular supervised visits to child, if her body is clear of drugs and drink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,208 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

33minutes....don't think I'll bother.

I'll watch the highlights when they're on later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Teeth so yellow, when she shuts the gob her belly lights up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Turn her off after about a minute

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

Thats the price of citizenship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭clio_16v

thebull85 wrote: »
    Thats the price of citizenship.

A hefty price to pay to deal with her

clio_16v wrote: »
    A hefty price to pay to deal with her

Id take me chances back in Nigeria rather than deal with that. I see her all the time in town, she has two black kids both them are special needs.

I got the whole spiel in work one day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

Day Lewin wrote: »
    Cripes. I hope she got arrested. That misfortunate child, what a ghastly education it is receiving.

It?.

Depression and Anger and as is well known in psychology are basically brother and sister or as Freud said anger is depression turned inside out.

That anger probably coming from serious depression and heartship.

I felt so sad for the little boy but I also felt sad for her :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,276 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Id take me chances back in Nigeria rather than deal with that. I see her all the time in town, she has two black kids both them are special needs.

The one in the video went from autistic to mentally disabled to severely handicapped.

Little dude looked happy out to me, other than when she kept covering his head with the buggy cover.

It watching the video, skip after 5 mins to about 5 mins left.

Woman is clearly metal unwell, shouldn't be out and certainly not in charge of kids imo.

The one in the video went from autistic to mentally disabled to severely handicapped.

Little dude looked happy out to me, other than when she kept covering his head with the buggy cover.

It watching the video, skip after 5 mins to about 5 mins left.

Woman is clearly metal unwell, shouldn't be out and certainly not in charge of kids imo.

She actually asked me had i seen her video, with a big proud head on her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Know her well myself. Know the background to it. But yeah... Fairly volatile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Holy moly. That's scary stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

It?.

Depression and Anger and as is well known in psychology are basically brother and sister or as Freud said anger is depression turned inside out.

That anger probably coming from serious depression and heartship.

small-ship-with-sign-of-heart-on-sail-cartoon-style-Download-Royalty-free-Vector-File-EPS-152210.jpg

084.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭Jeff2

First rule of Jeff2 is never put your willy in crazy. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Ah Dublin...

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭justfillmein

jesus fkn christ:eek:
    the child there listening to all that.
    and being dragged around in his buggy too.

she said he's autistic, disabled, and in case anyone missed it, downs syndrome aswell!
    he didn't look downs syndrome to me:confused:

she may have problems herself, but there's no way she should be aloud have kids if she's going to bring them into a situation like that

• Advertisement

I felt so sad for the little boy but I also felt sad for her :(

Feeling sorry?.

She thanks you for "feeling sad for her". Knowing this great news she cleaned up her act and now runs a chain of Subway franchises you will be glad to know.

Free Sub if the Day and Pepsi next time you go in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

The poor child just sat in the buggy , not disturbed by what was going on around him , would make you think he's immune to the shouting and carrying on already :(

Ok , don't know if I'm being stupid or naive , is there something mentally wrong with the girl or is she off her face on something ?

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭irishrebe

She's very obviously mentally unwell and in need of help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,497 ✭✭✭AllForIt

It's just unbelievable the stuff that goes on...and children end up ending up like their parents. What to do.

^her kids need help first

Feeling sorry?.

She thanks you for "feeling sad for her". Knowing this great news she cleaned up her act and now runs a chain of Subway franchises you will be glad to know.

Empathy is a curse isn't it.

Feeling sorry?.

Weirdly no-one thanked you for your contribution.
    Knowing this your posting standard will hopefully improve.

Though you probably won't read this as you are out actively doing good and not just a keyboard warrior...right...right?:cool:

from the video it seems she feels she was used by someone, and was then left to raise the kids herself.
    one(or two) with extra needs too.
    I think she was saying <snip>, the man in question, had another one of her kids, because she had no disabilities?
    or the child was taken off her, because of him?
    I'm not sure there.

however, she walked into that shop herself, and started an argument when she had a small child with her.
    my sympathy can only stretch so far when I see something like this

from the video it seems she feels she was used by someone, and was then left to raise the kids herself.
    one(or two) with extra needs too.
    I think she was saying <snip>, the man in question, had another one of her kids, because she had no disabilities?
    or the child was taken off her, because of him?
    I'm not sure there.

however, she walked into that shop herself, and started an argument when she had a small child with her.
    my sympathy can only stretch so far when I see something like this
    So you only feel sympathy for people who are acting exactly the way you want them to, in a way you yourself can understand? Right. She is clearly not all there. Not even halfway to being all there. Just because she's not acting pleasantly doesn't mean she's not ill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Motivator

Watching this made me sad and angry in equal measure. I often think back to a time where I didn’t watch these videos or read stories about these people because when I wasn’t aware of them or their behaviour - to me they didn’t exist. Thankfully where I live I don’t have to deal with people like her but stumbling on people like her is something that always seems to happen every time I go to Dublin.

Ireland, for all its positives, has some real issues and one of them being that this woman is allowed to have children. People can say what they want about America but this woman wouldn’t be left within 100 yards of a child in the US.

Love that she doesn't get arrested. haha. Anything to avoid the paperwork.

Shop owner seemed calm enough but yer one was definitely on something or we missed something that wasn't filmed at the start.

Motivator wrote: »
    Watching this made me sad and angry in equal measure. I often think back to a time where I didn’t watch these videos or read stories about these people because when I wasn’t aware of them or their behaviour - to me they didn’t exist. Thankfully where I live I don’t have to deal with people like her but stumbling on people like her is something that always seems to happen every time I go to Dublin.

Ireland, for all its positives, has some real issues and one of them being that this woman is allowed to have children. People can say what they want about America but this woman wouldn’t be left within 100 yards of a child in the US.
    Well, as long as the mentally ill and people with problems don't bother YOU, then it's all grand. Pesky people with issues, ruining your nice little life.

You clearly haven't lived in the Bronx or any other low income part of the US. There are people like this and worse with custody of their kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    The poor child just sat in the buggy , not disturbed by what was going on around him , would make you think he's immune to the shouting and carrying on already :(

Ok , don't know if I'm being stupid or naive , is there something mentally wrong with the girl or is she off her face on something ?

Both off her head and head problems.
    There many around and having a kid with them gives them more power as you cant push her out the door with the kid there.
    Standard stuff really in some places. Sad as it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

How the hell did the Gards take so long to get there ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Can someone explain to me wtf is going on in that video? What are they fighting about? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,208 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Motivator wrote: »

But at least she'd be allowed to buy a fully automatic assault rifle.

'Merica!

irishrebe wrote: »
    So you only feel sympathy for people who are acting exactly the way you want them to, in a way you yourself can understand? Right. She is clearly not all there. Not even halfway to being all there. Just because she's not acting pleasantly doesn't mean she's not ill.

yeah that's a bit of a stretch saying that.

I feel for her child here.
    and any other child that is left in her care.

Weirdly no-one thanked you for your contribution.
    Knowing this your posting standard will hopefully improve.

Though you probably won't read this as you are out actively doing good and not just a keyboard warrior...right...right?:cool:

I thanked you for yours so you can sleep well tonight now. Im the giving kind. Perhaps an email to family and friends to alert them? The thanks on an annymous forum are terribly terribly important to you after all.

My point being saying you feel sorry for someone never ever ever benefits them.

Its a trite meaningless thing people say and well I find it insincere.

I mean I feel sorry for those that take it sincerly. I really do!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Can someone explain to me wtf is going on in that video? What are they fighting about? :confused:

First seen it around a year ago (she comes back the next day - 2nd video below) and from what I could garner, the African woman (who seems to own/run the shop) had sex with the crazy chick's ex and/or dated him at some point and the crazy chick had asked the man (the African woman's brother - who also could own/run the shop) to not allow her ex into the shop (perhaps to keep him away from the woman). Seems he didn't do this and so crazy chick went crazy.

TomSweeney wrote: »
    How the hell did the Gards take so long to get there ??

I'd almost suggest they wandered in to buy something and accidentally got caught up in it. :P Responding to crime isn't their strong point unfortunately.

(my first sentence is sarcasm)

• Advertisement

First seen it around a year ago (she comes back the next day - 2nd video below)

her kid with her again.
    and being bounced around the pram with her temper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

This is exactly the kind of person I was talking about in the other thread about people with APD or some similar personality type, who IMO aren't capable of ever being properly "free citizens" without a risk to the public. After a certain number of run ins with the Gardai, they should be GPS tagged so that as soon as a call comes in reporting this kind of scumbaggery, the cops can look at an app and get an idea of which known scumbags were in the vicinity at the time.

It wouldn't be unconstitutional if it was done in lieu of a suspended jail sentence for the previous offence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

How the hell does she still have the kid? Why hasn't he been taken off her the previous day. It's clear she is not fit to have children in her care.

Crazy stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Witchie wrote: »
    Why hasn't he been taken off her the previous day.
    Perhaps also ask how many kids have been taken off her thus far?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,317 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

irishrebe wrote: »

I don't think she's not all there at all. To me it's clear she's just an asshole, behaving like an asshole. It's exactly because she's behaving unpleasantly that I regard her as an asshole before I'd conclude she has any sort of ill mental health or mental illness.

the_syco wrote: »
    Perhaps also ask how many kids have been taken off her thus far?

I'm gonna hazard a guess and say none, because social services generally don't separate children from their parents on the basis that their parents are behaving like assholes (there'd be a lot of parents separated from their children in AH if we did :pac:).

Besides, we gave up on that separating children from their mothers craic a while back when it was shown to be a terrible idea that led to much worse outcomes for both the parents and their children who were separated from them.

What to do with her? Start by telling her she's behaving like an asshole, and go from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,226 ✭✭✭893bet

Good quality door that.

Wow, useless men are useless.

When this ends up in a stabbing, those Garda are going to have questions to answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I don't think she's not all there at all. To me it's clear she's just an asshole, behaving like an asshole. It's exactly because she's behaving unpleasantly that I regard her as an asshole before I'd conclude she has any sort of ill mental health or mental illness.

I'm gonna hazard a guess and say none, because social services generally don't separate children from their parents on the basis that their parents are behaving like assholes (there'd be a lot of parents separated from their children in AH if we did :pac:).

Besides, we gave up on that separating children from their mothers craic a while back when it was shown to be a terrible idea that led to much worse outcomes for both the parents and their children who were separated from them.

What to do with her? Start by telling her she's behaving like an asshole, and go from there.

I do think she has mental issues, but she is behaving like an as$hole, and issues or not this simply should not be acceptable.
    I would guess she gets away with a lot because she is "soft spoken" compared to some squealish ones.

She is obviously very manipulative and merrily switches from attacker to victim and back again, so I would also guess she is a nightmare to work with for the guards and social workers.

The kid will not just learn that it's ok to go into a shop and throw a tantrum, he/she will learn that level of manipulation is his/her "get out of jail" card, and so the cycle continues.

Many of us have issues, this should not carry the level of "immunity" it seems to carry for people like herself, there are services available and I'm sure she has been offered many over the years, probably more than a lot of people who carry the same burden quietly.

edit : pointless post and threads are pointless. But I'm in a bad mood today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,925 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

“Don’t trayton me! Don’t choo trayton me!”

If I hadn’t lived in Ireland you could have convinced me everyone in the video was yelling in Swahili

I do think she has mental issues, but she is behaving like an as$hole, and issues or not this simply should not be acceptable.
    I would guess she gets away with a lot because she is "soft spoken" compared to some squealish ones.

She is obviously very manipulative and merrily switches from attacker to victim and back again, so I would also guess she is a nightmare to work with for the guards and social workers.

The kid will not just learn that it's ok to go into a shop and throw a tantrum, he/she will learn that level of manipulation is his/her "get out of jail" card, and so the cycle continues.

Many of us have issues, this should not carry the level of "immunity" it seems to carry for people like herself, there are services available and I'm sure she has been offered many over the years, probably more than a lot of people who carry the same burden quietly.

edit : pointless post and threads are pointless. But I'm in a bad mood today.
    Where do you draw the line, though? If she has borderline personality disorder (for example), can you say she's being an @sshole, or is it part of the illness? A lot of mental health problems make people behave in quite a horrible way. What do you do, try to treat and help them or tell them how awful they are?

• Advertisement
Advertisement