If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re. LG Oled and AV Receiver

Options
  • 24-05-2018 1:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

I've decided its time to upgrade from Kuro to Oled and been looking at the Lg 65" B7
    Do you price match your sister site richersounds.com as its got a fantastic deal on televisions with a world cup promtional code
    https://www.richersounds.com/lg-oled65b7v.html?nosto=nosto-page-product3
    Im also looking to purchase an Av receiver and been looking at the Denon x2400. Is there much of a difference in quality between this and the yamaha 583 and how much of a step up to the sony 1080 and yamaha 683?
    What would be your best price combos for the tv and av receivers(incl.extended warranty)??
    Thanks.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

KevMac68 wrote: »
    I've decided its time to upgrade from Kuro to Oled and been looking at the Lg 65" B7
    Do you price match your sister site richersounds.com as its got a fantastic deal on televisions with a world cup promtional code
    Im also looking to purchase an Av receiver and been looking at the Denon x2400. Is there much of a difference in quality between this and the yamaha 583 and how much of a step up to the sony 1080 and yamaha 683?
    What would be your best price combos for the tv and av receivers(incl.extended warranty)??
    Thanks.
    Hi KevMac68.

I did the same at Christmas just past and went from Kuro to the 55B6. Totally worth it!

We do indeed offer the same pricing as our .co.uk site.
    The 65B7 is currently priced at £2399.00 with our WC10 world cup 10% off promo dropping it to £2159.10. Including our 6 year guarantee free of charge.

The 2400 has been the most popular and is very well reviewed. It also at a great price coming in at £299. Its listed as an instore only collection but if purchased with the TV I can allow for it to be shipped. 6 year super care on this would be £29.90

The Sony 1080 is also a great receiver and 5 star reviewed in What HiFi priced at £417.00. 6 year for this would be £41.70

Both the Sony and Denon are very similar. The Denon does have the advantage of having the Heos system built in which allows for multi room options via the Denon Heos products.

The RXV683 is now finished and no more stock arriving.

The RXV583 would not be on the same par as the 2400 or the 1080. The 583 is priced at £289.00. 6 year supercare priced at £28.90

For the 65B7 and AVRX2400+ 6 year supercare - £2488.00 Delivered.
    The 65B7 and STRDN1080 = 6 year supercare - £2617.80 Delivered.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 KevMac68

Thanks.
    Hi KevMac68.

I did the same at Christmas just past and went from Kuro to the 55B6. Totally worth it!

The 65B7 is currently priced at £2399.00 with our WC10 world cup 10% off promo dropping it to £2159.10. Including our 6 year guarantee free of charge.

The 2400 has been the most popular and is very well reviewed. It also at a great price coming in at £299. Its listed as an instore only collection but if purchased with the TV I can allow for it to be shipped. 6 year super care on this would be £29.90

The Sony 1080 is also a great receiver and 5 star reviewed in What HiFi priced at £417.00. 6 year for this would be £41.70

Both the Sony and Denon are very similar. The Denon does have the advantage of having the Heos system built in which allows for multi room options via the Denon Heos products.

The RXV583 would not be on the same par as the 2400 or the 1080. The 583 is priced at £289.00. 6 year supercare priced at £28.90

The 65B7 and AVRX2400+ 6 year supercare for £2450 and you have a deal ˜‹

Thanks.
    Hi KevMac68.

The 65B7 and AVRX2400+ 6 year supercare for £2450 and you have a deal ˜‹
    Hi KevMac68.

I really have no further movement on that pricing. 
    The TV is already heavily discounted with the WC10 and the 2400 is also already reduced to the £299 just two days ago.

Fair enough Kenny.I appreciate you would move on the pricing if you could.
    Nice to hear someone else has made the move from Kuro to Oled.Did you see much of a step up?
    How are brightness levels and reflecrions as it will be replacing my Kuro in a a brightly.lit room??
    Any issues with image retention??
    Thx

Nice to hear someone else has made the move from Kuro to Oled.Did you see much of a step up?
    How are brightness levels and reflecrions as it will be replacing my Kuro in a a brightly.lit room??
    Thx
    Hey KevMac68.

OLED was the only option after having the Pioneer for 10 years and taking this long to find a worthy replacement. 
    The B6 is a little dark but the B7 series corrected this.

I have had no issues with image retention and am a big gamer so plenty of health bars and speed dials static for long periods of time and nothing.

There is a slight reflection but nothing compared to the plasma.

The OLED was 100% worth the purchase.

• Advertisement

Thx
    Hey KevMac68.

OLED was the only option after having the Pioneer for 10 years and taking this long to find a worthy replacement. 
    The B6 is a little dark but the B7 series corrected this.

I have had no issues with image retention and am a big gamer so plenty of health bars and speed dials static for long periods of time and nothing.

There is a slight reflection but nothing compared to the plasma.

The OLED was 100% worth the purchase.
    Good to hear Kenny though will be sad to see the Kuro relegated to the kids room
    Are you available for a call??

Cheers KevMac68 :D

Hi Kenny/John, can you confirm delivery is today?any partucular time??

Hi Kenny/John, can you confirm delivery is today?any partucular time??
    Hi KevMac68,

Thanks for taking my call this morning and apologies again for the inconvenience. Our deliveries get a bit manic around bank holidays unfortunately! I will be including an Audioquest Pearl 1m HDMI free of charge with your Denon AVRX2400 for the inconvenience.

Please let me know if you have any issues with the shipments but I have requested our couriers contact you with an ETA in advance.

Kind regards

Davud

No worries David and thanks for the hdmi lead.
    Looking forward to setting it all up :D

• Advertisement

No worries David and thanks for the hdmi lead.
    Looking forward to setting it all up :D
    No problem! Keep me posted if you've any issues!

Kind regards

David

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Hi Kenny/John/David, can you confirm delivery is today?any partucular time??[/font]

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Hi Kenny/John/David, can you confirm delivery is today?any partucular time??[/font]
    Hi Kevin.

Apologies I missed your call.

I see that the 2400 was delivered yesterday and I will drop the courier a call to get an update on the TV delivery.

I'll revert back ASAP.

Hi Kevin.

I see that the 2400 was delivered yesterday and I will drop the courier a call to get an update on the TV delivery.

I'll revert back ASAP.
    Ok Kenny thanks.
    Yes the 2400 arrived safely yesterday.Obviously different couriers being used as I received plenty of communication leading up to the delivery of the AVR incl.a time slot but have received zilch from the couriers bringing the television; and on the back of the previous delay and the fact I have taken today off to receive delivery and set it all up im starting to get a little bit edgy :confused:

Hi Kevin.

I'll revert back ASAP.
    Ok Kenny thanks.
    Yes the 2400 arrived safely yesterday.Obviously different couriers being used as I received plenty of communication leading up to the delivery of the AVR incl.a time slot but have received zilch from the couriers bringing the television; and on the back of the previous delay and the fact I have taken today off to receive delivery and set it all up im starting to get a little bit edgy :confused:
    Hi Kevin.

I do apologies for the original delay on the television. We have to use a different courier for television unfortunately due to their size and how expensive they are.

We have spoken to our courier (Countrywide) just now and they have confirmed that they will be delivering the TV to you today around 5pm.
    They have also said they will drop you a call an hour before they are due to make the delivery.

You will be over the moon once you are up and running.

Hi Kevin.

I'll revert back ASAP.
    Ok Kenny thanks.
    Hi Kevin.

I do apologies for the original delay on the television. We have to use a different courier for television unfortunately due to their size and how expensive they are.

We have spoken to our courier (Countrywide) just now and they have confirmed that they will be delivering the TV to you today around 5pm.
    They have also said they will drop you a call an hour before they are due to make the delivery.

The eagle has landed!Hoping to have it all set up later this evening. :-)

Hi Kevin.

I'll revert back ASAP.
    Ok Kenny thanks.
    Hi Kevin.

The eagle has landed!Hoping to have it all set up later this evening. :-)
    Excellent news KevMac68.

Let me know what you think once its up and running :)

Hi Kenny/John/David

Jusr a quick update to say that the oled is first class.

From the magic remote to the tvs internal apps its a seemlessly smooth and userfriendly experience.

But that picture!!  Stunning when fed a good source.

The inky blacks and super bright whites(post manual calibration..a minor few tweaks) give it such a contrast that the picture is almost 3d like at times.

Wimbledon and the World Cup via the inbuilt bbc iplayer app 4k hlg broadcast was fantastic and a sign of things to come

I have ithe tv teamed up with an Apple Tv 4K/unraid nas combo all fed through the denon x2400 and ive finally got my cinema room back again!!

Thanks again for sorting!!

Here are a few useful tips, settings and reference video links ive come across that may be of use to other lucky oled owners..

https://www.avforums.com/review/lg-b7-55b7-oled55b7v-4k-ultra-hd-oled-tv-review.13667

https://www.avforums.com/threads/lg-oled55b7v-best-tv-picture-settings.2106641/

Alternative settings..
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Wk6YyjAQ3n2FX6RnyosQ79CUArQv9doO4UvVCCXtgFw/htmlview

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/b7-b7a-oled/settings

https://youtu.be/1La4QzGeaaQ

https://youtu.be/48jgyug-58s

Thanks for the information KevMac68.

They really are something else and worth every penny :)

I will have to have a read over the links and try a few on these on my own one.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Hi KevMac68,

Great to see someone enjoying such super kit !

I've copied your post to the Video Display section of the Home Entertainment forums ( https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057893311 ) for the benefit of readers/posters there, other Boardies may have their own experience, settings etc to share.

Now that you've got sorted I'm closing  this thread - feel free to open a new thread if you want to come back to RS for any advice etc (or a new deal !)

Cheers,

Ritz.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.