Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Locating ipad back up files on laptop?

Options
  • 24-05-2018 6:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

I have just replaced my ipad and backed it up to my laptop. The old ipad was traded in so i don't have it anymore.

I installed the backup from the laptop with no problem, however discovered that an app I use all the time called goodreader had released a whole new app, so the version I had won't update on the new ipad. In addition, the old version of the app won't open on the new ipad as it's no longer compatible.

I have files on the old version of goodreader that I desperately need. I have tried using the itunes file sharing, however the old version of goodreader no longer comes up as an option in itunes. Goodreader also released a file transfer tool, but again, the old version of goodreader isn't there, only the new version.

I didn't back the files up to the cloud or to drop box as I didn't know that a new programme that wasn't compatible had been released and I thought the backup on my laptop would be enough.

I tried a general search on my laptop for a file with the name of the pdf that i need but nothing came up. Is there any way to find the location of the backup file and if these pdfs will specifically be in this backup? If I can just get the pdf, then i can email it to myself and open it in the new goodreader app. If not, potentially 3years and thousands of hours work is down the drain. I use the app to mark of cross stitch patterns that are on pdf and I'm just over half way in a cross stitch that has taken me 3yrs so far. Fortunately i have a master of the cross stitch pattern i drop box but it will be almost impossible to work out where i am at if I don't have the copy of the one I have marked off.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Bump...anyone?

Advertisement