Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro 2018 stage18: Abbiategrasso – Prato Nevoso 196 km

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

RIGOLO wrote: »
    Interesting conversation on the Mitchelton Scott bus this evening between Yates and Chavez.. can I have my bonus seconds back.
    Stage 6 Yeats gifted teh victory on Mount Etna and the time bonuses to his team mate Chavez. 
    I bet he is regretting that.. imagine if he loses the Giro by 8 secs , 8 secs he gave to his team mate...

That’s not really a fair or correct assessment of that stage. Chavez deserved to win that stage and nobody was to know what was to follow. It’s only 4secs as Yeats got bonus seconds too.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

MPFGLB wrote: »
    Expect the unexpected ....that is this giro

Oh wise oracle of boards ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭circler

A little piece of me is glad Yates cracked, if someone coasts through a GT without a bad day, it's suspicious IMO. I still think he did the right thing with Chavez and the stage. I don't think the GC will come down to 4 seconds. We'll see, but I doubt it.

AND, it makes tomorrow more interesting already, that's a good thing regardless (unless you are SY).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,369 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

I will be devastated if Yeats loses the Giro.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

REBELSAFC wrote: »
    Oh wise oracle of boards ;)

Yes I am :D

Plus the winner may not be one of the current top 2

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,321 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Yes I am :D

Plus the winner may not be one of the current top 2

:)

All 6 sky lads (except poels and froome) to go up the road on the first climb, froome and poels to attack on the 2nd. Froome to win by about 15mins. Poels to jump up to 2nd.

Mark my words!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

retalivity wrote: »
    All 6 sky lads (except poels and froome) to go up the road on the first climb, froome and poels to attack on the 2nd. Froome to win by about 15mins. Poels to jump up to 2nd.

Mark my words!

Nah, you're off your rocker there retalivity.

UAE Team Emirates are going to TTT their way to victory tomorrow. Fabio Aru will win the stage by 50 minutes and will get the pink jersey!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I am hoping though that either Pozzovivo, Froome or Pinot does an Alberto Contador kamikaze style attack early on tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

I am hoping though that either Pozzovivo, Froome or Pinot does an Alberto Contador kamikaze style attack early on tomorrow :D

Pinot was NOT looking it today though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Mitchelton-Scott will be kicking themselves that Chavez has been sub par since the first rest day and lost so much time. If he was still up there, they could have played the one-two with Dumoulin and have him and his team do more work and potentially give Yates more recovery.

It was telling when Yates spoke of how hard the final 10km of his TT was. The race could be catching up on him with the strength of his team delaying any bad day(s) until late in the race.

Dumoulin hasn't had any bad days really so we'll see how he gets on over the next two. Hard to envisage Froome coming from that far back but it has been done with Nibali a couple of years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭fishfoodie

Pinot was NOT looking it today though

Just lulling everyone into a false sense of security.

No-one expects an attack from the guy who looks about to barf up a lung !! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gmacww

velo.2010 wrote: »
    Dumoulin hasn't had any bad days really so we'll see how he gets on over the next two. Hard to envisage Froome coming from that far back but it has been done with Nibali a couple of years ago.

Remember this is exactly how TD won last year. Not spectacular just constant. Bar his bathroom issue he was solid all tour.

As for Mitcheldean Scott they've been here before. Chaves in pink looking good before Nibali picked his pocket. You'd hope they learnt from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

I hadn't seen that interview with mathie whyte earlier but it's something I was thinking. He said before the stage that they expected the climb to suit TD and that's they way it turned out.
    Could Yates have let him him go knowing tomorrow could suit him more?.
    Hopefully not but I think Tom has to attack before the last climb tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭flatty

Td is 15kg heavier than Yates. It makes no sense that he can pummel him uphill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

"gmacww wrote: »
    Bar his bathroom issue "HE WAS SOLID ALL TOUR"

LMFAO

By the way I'm sy....junior

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

With Yates struggling today expect sky or sun web to put the hurt on early tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

After that stage, the bookies have a new favourite....

Tom Dumoulin 1
    Simon Yates 5/4
    Chris Froome 10
    Domenico Pozzovivo 14
    Miguel Angel Lopez 33

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Dont know what pinot was at, had reichenbach on the front to set the pace and then just followed him to the line, couldn't follow any attacks

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gmacww

sy wrote: »
    LMFAO

By the way I'm sy....junior

One person found the intentional pun :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

flatty wrote: »
    Td is 15kg heavier than Yates. It makes no sense that he can pummel him uphill.

When did Tom “pummel him uphill”? He made some time back yesterday, but lost time on every other hill top finish

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

Inquitus wrote: »
    After that stage, the bookies have a new favourite....

Tom Dumoulin 1
    Simon Yates 5/4
    Chris Froome 10
    Domenico Pozzovivo 14
    Miguel Angel Lopez 33

Paddy Power have them both at evens. Think Yates will still do it as yesterdays stage was suited to Dumoulin. I'm so confident in him I've put everything in my PP account on Yates, all 10 euro of it 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Inquitus wrote: »

Are the pros really going to be cycling up that mud path??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Itziger wrote: »
    Are the pros really going to be cycling up that mud path??

It seems so. They even cleared the snow off it to help them. On a bright note, there is no snow forecast – something some past‘Giri’ had to cope with.

I think Yeats will gain time on nearest challengers, Dumoulin at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

coco0981 wrote: »
    Paddy Power have them both at evens. Think Yates will still do it as yesterdays stage was suited to Dumoulin. I'm so confident in him I've put everything in my PP account on Yates, all 10 euro of it 😀

Ah feck

retalivity wrote: »

Mark my words!

I wasnt far off!!

Advertisement