Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outlook 365 receiving emails issue

Options
  • 24-05-2018 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

I just have two friends companies experiencing problems with receiving emails from external addresses on their office 365 accounts. For the first one I thought there is issue with DNS records but then the other one contacted me today and I suspect issues on Microsoft side. Can't see any issues on Office 365 Health Status thou ?
    Anyone more with same issues recently (this week) ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

With latest Win10 and office updates some weird things going on.

1. No mail at all or just specific domains?
    2. Where messages delivered from senders before? Obvious to check junk - could be filtered
    3. Any mail flow rules ?
    4. Any indications on Message trace from admin portal?

Possible cause third party tools/services introduced on senders end can drop/filter outgoing messages, but this would be beyond your/tenant admin control.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Thanks @smuggler.ie - so your feeling is that it is just coincidence?
    I researched first instance and come to conclusion it may be sender's side but after I got second call (with almost the same problems) I got suspicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Limited info. Could well be. Usually if o365 service down/interrupted you get health report.

Is there common host for them sender addresses?
    Were you able to troubleshoot them 1,2,3,4 ?

Use tools that is available on your side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Limited info. Could well be. Usually if o365 service down/interrupted you get health report.

Yeah - that was my first point to check and I found nothing. But it could be some local flow issue that's why I asked if anyone experienced same.
    Office 365 health reports are usually better that I need informing me even about issues I was not aware to have ;)

Advertisement