Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to eir

Options
  • 23-05-2018 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭

I tried to move to eir last year but cancelled during the cool-off period as they couldn't port my home phone number over from Virgin.

Has this been resolved by eir yet? My contract is up for renewal with Virgin.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

I tried to move to eir last year but cancelled during the cool-off period as they couldn't port my home phone number over from Virgin.

Hi there The Ayatolla

Unfortunately we won't know as to why your number couldn't be moved to eir.  Our switcher page is here so you're more than welcome to read the information we have there and just select the "porting page"

-Kyle

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

eir: Kyle wrote: »

Hi there The Ayatolla

Unfortunately we won't know as to why your number couldn't be moved to eir.  Our switcher page is here so you're more than welcome to read the information we have there and just select the "porting page"

-Kyle
    So back when my move couldn't happen, it was something to do with the nu,ber not being on the exchange or the type of phone line eir installed at my house (the house phone plugged into the eir router instead of into the wall socket). 

Because of this, the number couldn't be ported. When I cancelled because of this, eir said it was something they were working on and likely to have sorted in a few months.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

The Ayatolla, I've just moved your issue into a new thread of it's own so your posts and the other OPs don't get confused. 

Thanks Niamh.

Any update on my question? Do you need clarification on what I'm asking?

Cheers. 

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

I'm afraid the Eir reps will have to get back to you on that one :) 

• Advertisement

Whoops, my bad :D 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Whoops, my bad :D 
    Our customer care team on 1901 will be able to assist you with this and advise you on all. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

No worries. My Virgin contract expires in 3-4 months so I'll hold off until closer the time. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

No worries. My Virgin contract expires in 3-4 months so I'll hold off until closer the time. 
    Ok no problem at all. 

Thanks 

Tracey

Advertisement