Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scope Rings?

Options
  • 24-05-2018 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭

I'm looking for decent scoperings for my 10/22. I don't want to spend more than 100 on them, I'm not doing precision shooting, just good enough for 50 yards.

I've seen rings worth more than my scope :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Benny mcc

My young lad got some from alliexpres (china) for like €4 a set and I've them on a 17 hmr and a 223 and every thing is spot on and stays spot on. We shoot the 223 out to 300 yards and the 17 to 150 - 200 so I won't pay daft money on rings again.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

On a rimfire scope there is pretty much no recoil so the rings only have to hold the scope to the rifle meaning most any set of rings will do.

The reason to pay more for a set is for quality. A quality set will have less "offset" than a cheaper set and will hold up to the work better than a cheaper set. In highly doubt you'll have to spend €100 but if you had it to spend then go for a picatinny rail and a good set of rings. Like this and this.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Plus 1 on the Burris and that actual model, have them on my .243, never had an issue with them since I put the rifle together.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Benny mcc

Try the €4 ones first and you'll see . Have €50 match rings and the Chinese rings are exact same . Nephew has them in 243 and no problems. Most expensive ones are manufactured in China anyway. Nothing to lose!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

I use the 'El cheap'o on both my Lever action 38spl rifle and my 10/22. 100 yo yo's for 10/22 rings is way over the top IMO.

Buy from amazon or Ebay and get double screw (4 screws) ones not the single screw (2 screws) each side

And I always buy the Picatinny rings and fit a new 15MOA rail to the Ruger 10/22's to get more range. The Ruger 10/22's can tend to have 'Barrel droop' and it's very easy to run out of up clicks on the scope.

• Advertisement
Advertisement