Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I Accommodate Homeless Couple?

Options
124»

Comments

Are ye not all gone “off topic”??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭enricoh

Things are really wrong when two people work and yet still can't afford to get a mortgage.

House prices are gone off the scale and rents are crippling.

And yet the ones in power want to bring more in????

High taxes, high rent and high house prices all pay for the free gaff n welfare of the parasites! Hopefully if there's a few quid in the budget it'll go to rent allowance and the dole !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

He didn't say export...

Leo wants to bring them in....

Your one zapone is even worse.

She was in France and wanted to cuddle all the children(ADULTS POSING AS CHILDREN)
    and bring them all home with her.

We are a small island and won't be able to and can't cope as it is.

No he doesn’t!!!!

Jesus pure ignorance.

Let’s get this straight, Ireland’s population is forecast to grow by a million by 2040 with birth rates etc.

Not that Leo wants to IMPORT 1 million immigrants!!!

Pure thick stupid ignorant some Irish people are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

No he doesn’t!!!!

Jesus pure ignorance.

Let’s get this straight, Ireland’s population is forecast to grow by a million by 2040 with birth rates etc.

Not that Leo wants to IMPORT 1 million immigrants!!!

Pure thick stupid ignorant some Irish people are.

Projecting an increase of 1 million by 2040 is actually projecting Ireland's population growth to slow down if you were to compare it to the previous 22 years. As you said, some thick stupid people in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

fritzelly wrote: »
    Would have to be Italian to start with

Would also have to be a real story..

We're the ones being scammed here.

• Advertisement

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Projecting an increase of 1 million by 2040 is actually projecting Ireland's population growth to slow down if you were to compare it to the previous 22 years. As you said, some thick stupid people in this country.

So a 1 million increase in population from 2018-2040 is less than the increase from 96-2018. What percentage of the increase from 96-2018 was from immigrants?

I would keep well away from this op it can only end badly imo.

They should just go home to Italy as they are not prepared for starting out in a new country and it should not be our responsibility to house them when they can't house themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Shawnee Poole

Hello OP. I think that you have met the couple that have been posting on the immigrationboards ireland website as Pregnant EU moving to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Murt10

Maybe I'm being a tiny wee bit cynical but, perhaps OP is on here looking for a sympathetic Boards member to take pity on her and the couple and offer to put them up with them, until they find their feet. She only needs one.... Just like the Nigerian Prince letters.
    On a sort of related note, you know when you see candles in the window at Christmas time, a Cuireadh do Mhuire, I often wondered what would happen if a man, his heavily pregnant partner on a donkey, rocked up to these houseslooking for somewhere to stay for the night?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,634 ✭✭✭✭28064212

https://www.immigrationboards.com/ireland/pregnant-eu-moving-to-ireland-with-non-eu-spouse-t254856.html
    Hello house,
    Please I'm in s state of confusion right now, am EU citizen married to a non EU from Nigeria.
    We want to move to Cork or Galway in Ireland because it's easy for my spouse to get a job over there as IT support.
    My spouse can speak both German and English.
    But the problem right now, is am almost 7 months pregnant with Twins, that's means I can't work.
    We don't have anyone in Ireland.
    In Italy were we are living it hard for my spouse to get a job making it worst.
    We stuggle to pay house rent.
    My questions are
    1. Can we take a bus from Napoli to Dublin?
    2. Can Irish government help us before my spouse get a job?
    Please help me
    Hmmmm....

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭20784

28064212 wrote: »

This is shocking:eek:. Now it's getting clearer. This could be them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

Pure and utter con job OP.

How could you expose your children to these people. You have small children and you are allowing a strange adult male into your house? Are you crazy or what?

And if the "Italians" are for real then they are morons. Who moves country while 7 months pregnant with no accomodation or work lined up. Ridiculous! And if they have no PPS no or anything, where exactly does she propose to have the baby? If she has no PPS then I assume she has no doctor here, nor registered with any maternity hospital or clinic!! I wouldn't be surprised if she's planning to have the baby on your blow up mattress!!!

You're leaving yourself and your family wide open to all sorts of abuse and ****ing around.

The next thing, the baby will be born and before you know it some relatives will come out of the ether wanting to visit, stay and help mind the baby! Your HAP house will end up as a drop in centre for their extended family.

What happens if she has the baby and the baby dies or she dies on your floor? Do you really want to be inviting all that drama and theatrics into your life?

OP for the sake of your own children, send this pair packing!

28064212 wrote: »

Napoli.. I was there for a wedding last Christmas. It is immigration-station over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭_brendand_

Let's get something straight here. Both Italy and Ireland are in the EU, and free movement rights do exist. However it is rather foolish of the theoretical couple to have arrived without any plan whatsoever. If I were the OP I would explain that to them, assuming this is not all a big scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭_brendand_

Shocking really how much services such as housing, hospital and social are taken up by those who just arrive and never intended to work.

Bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭GG66

Let's assume your story is true, their story is true and they are genuine..

If their uncle is avoiding them, maybe that's good guidance.

I've taken friends into my home, they've overstayed their welcome, sponged my stuff and it turned out awful. 6 months of overstayed welcome, looking for a job from my couch every day.

I've had newborn twins in my home, it's really difficult. They were my own and I wouldn't do it again.

You're a good person but this isn't your problem to solve or your nightmare to endure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,828 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

_brendand_ wrote: »
    Let's get something straight here. Both Italy and Ireland are in the EU, and free movement rights do exist ...

Only for three months. See above.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Bull****.

Your post is alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

7 months pregnant and she can stay for 3 months. Sounds like she just wants her kids to be Irish born for some reason. And needs a gaff for 3 months whilst she is here.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,121 ✭✭✭✭zell12

• Advertisement

Bull****.

Wow really informative post, go u

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tico1300

Really does sound like she wants the kids born here, smells of a scam send them to Italian embassy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

20784 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I just met a couple and they are currently homeless. The DSP and County Council homeless unit can't help and told them to go and sort themselves out or return to Italy. The wife is 7months pregnant with twins

We have 4bed and no spare room, but I have a pump bed but not sure if by law we can accommodate them temporarily pending the time they will apply for PPS number and look for job. The husband is desperate to work. I plan to throw in my pump bed in living room for them but I just want to know if I need to inform my county council as I am on Hap. Also do I need to inform my social welfare office? I just want to help.[/quot

Theres an episode on the UK show about bad tenants and landlord's . Exact same situation woman helped the couple out. They then changed the locks over a year later owner got back possession.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Hi guys,

I just met a couple and they are currently homeless. The DSP and County Council homeless unit can't help and told them to go and sort themselves out or return to Italy. The wife is 7months pregnant with twins

We have 4bed and no spare room, but I have a pump bed but not sure if by law we can accommodate them temporarily pending the time they will apply for PPS number and look for job. The husband is desperate to work. I plan to throw in my pump bed in living room for them but I just want to know if I need to inform my county council as I am on Hap. Also do I need to inform my social welfare office? I just want to help.

Theres an episode on the UK show about bad tenants and landlord's . Exact same situation woman helped the couple out. They then changed the locks over a year later owner got back possession.

So who is scamming who here?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

The wife is Italian and the husband is the Spouse and has the EUFam.. .

For a non EU family member to get Stamp 4 EUFAM, their EU family member needs to be actively working in Ireland. And the processing time for this type of application by INIS is 6 months.

So if the husband has stamp 4 EUFAM now, it means they applied for it at least 6 months ago with both the husband and their EU spouse being located in Ireland and the spouse being employed (or studying) in the State.

Just saying ... it doesn’t add-up with the rest of their story saying they just arrived in Ireland.

Also I am not 100% sure on that one, but I think the EU citizen would need a PPSN to lodge this type of application (at least they ask for it on the application form), another thing which sound suspicious in the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

OP wake up this is not going to end well. Who would move from Italy to ireland and risk your supposed unborn twins with stress etc. Do not accommodate them there is somthing amiss here. Anyhow if you do accommodate them keep us enformed of the stories they tell you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Also in uk's news, there was an interesting stat published yesterday:

There is now more Romanians than Irish (close neighbours with shared language, media and culture) living in Britain. Maybe they moved 2,200kms just for the weather.

Yes about 80% from the EU2 are grafters, but also plenty of economic migration, and in the run up to their brexit. Figures suggest 400,000 last year, which is double compared to the year previous that. And is lopsided when compared to the rest of the EU27 members.

In summary, there is plenty of push/pull factors at play, not least now from Italy, which is now the clear faviourite as the next state to leave the EU, surpassing Greece.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

There is now more Romanians than Irish (close neighbours with shared language, media and culture) living in Britain.

What have Romanians got to do with anything? The ones I know are university educated highly-paid workers. Quite unlike most Roma, who are often not even from Romania.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭trashcan

Yes that's correct. The wife is Italian and the husband is the Spouse and has the EUFam.. They have right to live here legally. They came to live here and the uncle who assured them of accommodation didn't pick his call and his number is no longer going through.

The husband want to work and start family life. They are expecting twins.

Just to point out, if the wife is Italian the husband is not actually entitled to an EU fam card unless they move to an EU State other than Italy, I.e she has to be exarcising free movement rights. Are you sure the husband actually has the card ? They may have come here so they could apply for the card for the husband.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

What have Romanians got to do with anything? The ones I know are university educated highly-paid workers. Quite unlike most Roma, who are often not even from Romania.

Quite a lot actually as it shows the accelerating diversity and human geography of Europe in 2018. The fact that the Romanian population increased by 25% in just 1yr, (16-17), to overtake the Irish in Britan and take 2nd place, has even surprised the ONS, who called it lopsided and record breaking.

And whilst 80% are fine and dandy working away and such, the other 20% are a mix of 'economically-inactive, students, or other'.

After Brexit, the 3.8m EU (non uk passport) residents (same as the entire population of Ireland) living in the UK, and also those across the entire EU - may well find Ireland a very attractive proposition.

This may be the case here, such is the curious story, and particularly as the Italians have a smashed economy not to mention the looming possibility of Italexit.

Advertisement