Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Undisputable biased moderation.

Options
  • 24-05-2018 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

I have been thread banned for the following exchange:
    captbarnacles
    Moronic.
    One is a personal choice because it is your body.

DarkScar
    Imbecilic.
    It's only a personal choice if you believe there is only one person involved.
    The moderator reckons that "moronic" is a welcome level of debate whereas "imbecilic" isn't. He also claims "moronic" attacks the post whereas, quite bizarrely, "imbecilic" doesn't and is personal abuse.
    This doesn't make a single ounce of sense. Please review.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Thread bans aren't dealt with in DRP - moved to the helpdesk.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭DarkScar

That's a convenient way to guarantee this point is ignored. Thanks for nothing.

Stow the attitude.

You conveniently left out the fact that you'd previously received a yellow and red card in the same thread for the above mentioned attitude. And despite being thread banned have continued to post in the thread, resulting in a one day ban from AH.

Personally I think you're getting off light with a thread ban, and I'd strongly reconsider your posting style when you return, otherwise the next ban will be significantly longer.

100% predictable refusal to address the glaring bias between the treatment the two posts received.
    And you know full well if I hadn't got that ban then the next ban doesn't happen, so don't try that transparent trick.
    Da hattitude... just explain how "moronic" is OK and "imbecilic" is personal abuse or let's just agree it's clear bias and move on with our lives.
    Cue more distraction...

mike_ie wrote: »
    Stow the attitude.

You conveniently left out the fact that you'd previously received a yellow and red card in the same thread for the above mentioned attitude. And despite being thread banned have continued to post in the thread, resulting in a one day ban from AH.

Personally I think you're getting off light with a thread ban, and I'd strongly reconsider your posting style when you return, otherwise the next ban will be significantly longer.
    And my previous cards were FULLY RESCINDED, but I'm sure you know that. Which happened when the mod couldn't actually provide any evidence of the alleged "abuse" and had no choice except to unban me.
    How are rescinded bans relevant would you care to explain?

• Advertisement

I'm not going to discuss the merits of mod actions against another poster - were here to discuss your thread ban. Your cards were not rescinded - there is a yellow and red card against your name already in that thread and for good reason - "trolling, insensitive, personal abuse, a whole litany of what shouldn't be posted" I believe was the official reason stated.

In short, you have a history of being a dick in that thread, and continued to do so despite warnings to the contrary. Your thread ban was a final step in a reasonably long chain.

Advertisement