Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cahir Half Marathon & Relay 2018

Options
  • 24-05-2018 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

On Saturday, July 7th at 2pm the Cahir Half Marathon and Team Relay will once again take a picturesque tour of 13.1 miles of the delights of Cahir town and the surrounding countryside in Co. Tipperary. In the fourth year of the event, Mooreabbey Milers A.C. are delighted to welcome you to this historical town.

The ever popular Half Marathon event is on the same lovely route as last year. A lovely flat course with an overall height gain of only 70 metres. It is the perfect course for your first half marathon or for those seasoned runners who are looking to get a new PB. It is also a perfect race for those training for any marathons in Autumn 2018.

For the second year running, we will again have the extremely popular Relay event. This proved to be a huge hit last year! Two team mates each run 6.5 miles, with the clock ticking it will be a joint effort to get their best possible time.

This year proceeds from the race will be used to support the wonderful work of South Tipperary Hospice Movement and also Aspect Autism Day Support which is based in Cahir.

The course is accurately measured, has an AAI permit and the race will be chip timed.

For your efforts, you will receive a bespoke Cahir Half Marathon and Relay medal, a fashionable and practical buff and a substantial goodie bag as well as refreshments and physio's on hand at the finish area.

Prize money Male & Female: 1st €300, 2nd €200, 3rd €100. Category prizes o/40, o/50, 0/60, 0/70 male & female. Furthermore there will be a few spot prizes thrown in!

Entry fee is €30 per individual and €40 per team of two. Closing date for entries at the current prices is Sunday 24th June, after this date the entry fees will increase so make sure to register in time! Final closing date will be Saturday, 30th June. You will not be able to enter on the day.

You can register through https://www.runireland.com/events/cahir-half-marathon-2018/

For updates please like and follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/cahirhalfmarathon/

cahirhalfmarathon@gmail.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭pinkles

Dot Cotton wrote: »
    On Saturday, July 7th at 2pm the Cahir Half Marathon and Team Relay will once again take a picturesque tour of 13.1 miles of the delights of Cahir town and the surrounding countryside in Co. Tipperary. In the fourth year of the event, Mooreabbey Milers A.C. are delighted to welcome you to this historical town.

The ever popular Half Marathon event is on the same lovely route as last year. A lovely flat course with an overall height gain of only 70 metres. It is the perfect course for your first half marathon or for those seasoned runners who are looking to get a new PB. It is also a perfect race for those training for any marathons in Autumn 2018.

For the second year running, we will again have the extremely popular Relay event. This proved to be a huge hit last year! Two team mates each run 6.5 miles, with the clock ticking it will be a joint effort to get their best possible time.

This year proceeds from the race will be used to support the wonderful work of South Tipperary Hospice Movement and also Aspect Autism Day Support which is based in Cahir.

The course is accurately measured, has an AAI permit and the race will be chip timed.

For your efforts, you will receive a bespoke Cahir Half Marathon and Relay medal, a fashionable and practical buff and a substantial goodie bag as well as refreshments and physio's on hand at the finish area.

Prize money Male & Female: 1st €300, 2nd €200, 3rd €100. Category prizes o/40, o/50, 0/60, 0/70 male & female. Furthermore there will be a few spot prizes thrown in!

Entry fee is €30 per individual and €40 per team of two. Closing date for entries at the current prices is Sunday 24th June, after this date the entry fees will increase so make sure to register in time! Final closing date will be Saturday, 30th June. You will not be able to enter on the day.

You can register through https://www.runireland.com/events/cahir-half-marathon-2018/

For updates please like and follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/cahirhalfmarathon/

cahirhalfmarathon@gmail.com

Thanks to all for organising a really great race.
    As i read your post a few days ago " a lovely flat course " i was lulled into thinking it really was!

Second half of course was endless hills. But overall, as a first half marathon for me, maybe it seemed harder than it was.

Way better in my opinion to put on a challenging event rather than the downhill version.

I dont know the exact temperatures but it was as hot as hell.
    On the more isolated hill areas toward the end maybe there could have been an extra water station or two.
    But with different weather that wouldnt really be necessary.
    Lovely setting and worth travelling to from Cork.
    Will be doing it gain next year.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

pinkles wrote: »
    Thanks to all for organising a really great race.
    As i read your post a few days ago " a lovely flat course " i was lulled into thinking it really was!

Second half of course was endless hills. But overall, as a first half marathon for me, maybe it seemed harder than it was.

Way better in my opinion to put on a challenging event rather than the downhill version.

I dont know the exact temperatures but it was as hot as hell.
    On the more isolated hill areas toward the end maybe there could have been an extra water station or two.
    But with different weather that wouldnt really be necessary.
    Lovely setting and worth travelling to from Cork.
    Will be doing it gain next year.

Thanks again.

The 2nd half is actually largely flat/downhill with a couple of gentle enough drags thrown in. The problem yesterday was the heat, which made every I'd like feel like Everest. It was my first HM as well, and the second half was so tough!

Advertisement