If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hisense 55inch tvs

Options
  • 24-05-2018 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

i have narrowed my search down to these 2 tvs 55N6800 and 55U7A is there any difference between them? from some googling although each site contradicts the other the 6800 is side lit while the U7 is back lit that correct? meaning U7 would be better?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,279 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

deaglan169 wrote: »
    i have narrowed my search down to these 2 tvs 55N6800 and 55U7A is there any difference between them? from some googling although each site contradicts the other the 6800 is side lit while the U7 is back lit that correct? meaning U7 would be better?
    Hi deaglan169,

From what I can find they are both very similar in spec and the 55U7 has a better energy consumption rating.

They both seem to be edge lit but the 55U7 uses ELED (edge back lighting) which also makes use of local dimming. This would be a better panel that the N6800 as it would have better contrast.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

Thanks for reply David, yeah from what i can make out the U7 is the better, i read somewhere they use samsung screens? or would i better putting more with it and going for something like the mu7000 by samsung as i like the idea of freesat and freeview, would it be a major upgrade in terms of panel?

Thanks for reply David, yeah from what i can make out the U7 is the better, i read somewhere they use samsung screens? or would i better putting more with it and going for something like the mu7000 by samsung as i like the idea of freesat and freeview, would it be a major upgrade in terms of panel?
    Hi deaglan169,

The MU7000 would definitely be a better bet. I have one of these on display and in terms of colour and contrast it's a much better panel than the Hisense. It also has a better smart hub and, as you say, a satellite tuner as well.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

Hi David after mcuh googling i think the Hisense 55U7A will more than do my job as im not into gaming and just mainly watch freeview/freesat hd and netflix hopefully now in 4k, also the Hisense has a sat tuner i discovered which is what i was looking also, whats the best price you could do for the 55U7A and a Yamaha Yas207 new or if any ex demos etc

Hi David after mcuh googling i think the Hisense 55U7A will more than do my job as im not into gaming and just mainly watch freeview/freesat hd and netflix hopefully now in 4k, also the Hisense has a sat tuner i discovered which is what i was looking also, whats the best price you could do for the 55U7A and a Yamaha Yas207 new or if any ex demos etc
    Hi Deaglan169.

Best price on the 55U7A would be the £599 but has the World Cup promo WC5 which drops a further 5% off of it.
    Dropping down too £569.05 and still includes our 6 year guarantee.

Unfortunately at the moment we are totally out of stock on the YAS207's. There are due again in the coming week so we can still take orders on them.
    The YAS207 currently priced at £269.00

I could offer to ship both items free of charge.

• Advertisement

Hi Deaglan169.

Best price on the 55U7A would be the £599 but has the World Cup promo WC5 which drops a further 5% off of it.

Unfortunately at the moment we are totally out of stock on the YAS207's. There are due again in the coming week so we can still take orders on them.

from reading the reviews on the YAS207 it states it has issues and low volume switching between bar and sub randonly due to a flaw with speakers, is there another soundbar with sub you can recommend for similar money as i want one with a sub

Hi Deaglan169.

from reading the reviews on the YAS207 it states it has issues and low volume switching between bar and sub randonly due to a flaw with speakers, is there another soundbar with sub you can recommend for similar money as i want one with a sub
    Hey Deaglan169.

You could maybe look at either the JBL SB450 priced at £299
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202988-400027.aspx

Or the Harmon Kardon SB20 priced also at £299 - I could drop to £285 on this one.
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202455-sb20.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.