Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stephen St Carpark

Options
  • 24-05-2018 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭

Artists impression of Stephen St carpark renovations in the Sligo Champion.

What do you think.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

dingding wrote: »

What do you think.

Yeah i think having a wooden floor looks good and not having it as a carpark. Although will that work considering cars are chalk a block around where the library is!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

I think Stephen street is planned for improvement as well.

Other parts of the plan include turning Quay St Car Park into a park.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

Vlove wrote: »
    Yeah i think having a wooden floor looks good and not having it as a carpark. Although will that work considering cars are chalk a block around where the library is!
    Big public car park the other side of the library..

Get rid of the 'residents' and use the car park for parking cars.

This is a great idea tbh, has the potential to be a lovely part of town. Wasted as a car park, particularly given how few spaces there actually are.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

What do I think? If its anything like the Wine Steet Car Park proposals, and OConnell Street improvments, we will be waiting a very very long time for anything to happen, if it ever happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Vlove wrote: »

Probably need to open other pedestrian routes between Stephen st and connaughton road to make it more accessible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

Brilliant idea should have been done years ago, usual negative Sligo reaction from some people, and we wonder why the place is so cat. If all the councillors in Brussels by some miracle became Sligo people the Grand Place and the guild halls around it would be leveled because you couldn't expect people to walk more than 50 yards from Their car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

looks good , looking forward to the concerts in there over the bank holiday, I think its a great little venue and hope it work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Brilliant idea should have been done years ago, usual negative Sligo reaction from some people, and we wonder why the place is so cat. If all the councillors in Brussels by some miracle became Sligo people the Grand Place and the guild halls around it would be leveled because you couldn't expect people to walk more than 50 yards from Their car.

In fairness, I think the negative reaction is so what justified. Just how long were people talking about Wine Street Car Park improvments? That never happened. How long have they been talking about OConnell Street Improvements, and still yet to happen. From them two examples alone, you wonder if Stephen Street will ever happen as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

dingding wrote: »

What do you think.

Looks good.

If you look really closely you can still see the lads drinking cans in the shade of the tree.

Advertisement