Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpaid bill

Options
  • 24-05-2018 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

My partner was always incharge of the electric Ireland bill. He left me and never told me he didn't pay it. Now I've been landed with a massive bill. Both are names are on the bill. Will this result in problems for me down the line?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

My partner was always incharge of the electric Ireland bill. He left me and never told me he didn't pay it. Now I've been landed with a massive bill. Both are names are on the bill. Will this result in problems for me down the line?

You will have to engage with the electricity supplier to arrange a plan to pay the bill.
    You lived in the house and used the electricity so you’ll have to pay for it.
    They will not persue your partner for the money on your behalf
    You will have to do that yourself
    Ring the ph no on the bill first thing in the morning and see what you can work out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige B

Hi Talkinghands87,

Thanks for your message.

We can look into setting a payment arrangement on the account for you, for any balance currently outstanding on your Electric Ireland account.

To do so, could you please send us a private message with the following information?
    • Your full name
    • Your Electric Ireland account number
    • Your address
    • Your contact number
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (Yes/No)
    We can then look into this for you.

Thanks,
    Brige

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Talkinghands87

Both me and my ex partner are named on the bill. I believe he has a payment plan set up but I'm not certain.
    I move out on June 20th and need proof everything is paid but I'm not sure what he has set up is there a way to find out here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Both me and my ex partner are named on the bill. I believe he has a payment plan set up but I'm not certain.
    I move out on June 20th and need proof everything is paid but I'm not sure what he has set up is there a way to find out here?
    Hi Talkinghands87,

If you private message us the details in full as outlined by my colleague Brige, we will be able to review the account then as soon as possible, and advise you further.

Thanks,
    Una

Advertisement