Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro d'Italia 2018 stage 19: Venaria Reale – Jafferau 184km

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Sprinter Sacre

Will the announcement that he's been cleared in the Salbutamol case be today or tomorrow or will they wait until Sunday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭py

Wtf am I watching... gutted for Yates :( Will be interested to see the highlights later.

Solid plan from Sky tbh. Send Froomey up front to take the stage and GC lead. Save the domestiques for tomorrow when Froomey will need the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Irish Raven

and how is this or lance relevant....froome went into today minutes down....with a game plan....if yates had not of cracked. He would of been attacking for podium and to put pressure on Yates. Thats good aggressive racing. Disliking Froome or not...this is top quality tactics and racing. Much better than watching the lads in the second and third group argue with each other...

PS....i dont lime froome in any capacity....or agree that he should be allowed to race....but this is on the road....and top notch...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,425 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Will the announcement that he's been cleared in the Salbutamol case be today or tomorrow or will they wait until Sunday night?

Yeah. They must have word that it is fine to go for it otherwise this is the perfect two fingers to professional cycling.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I try not judge on performance (and will try to resist), but this is awful for the sport. I actually don't know whether I can bring myself to watch the highlights tonight tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

You'd think someone in sky might have told him to hold back a bit to keep the questioning/suspicion to a minimum

• Registered Users Posts: 14,321 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Forget about yates for a sec, pozzovivo is 8mins+ down

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭WMP

Not a fan but very impressive and exciting racing from Froome today. You have to hand it to him.

Thought it was very unlikely that Yates could dominate his first giro from start to finish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

neris wrote: »
    You'd think someone in sky might have told him to hold back a bit to keep the questioning/suspicion to a minimum

They dont care because sure people just eat it up.
    Its only when fans turn their back that theyll start to care.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

neris wrote: »

I think they have as he's holding now around 3.15 so riding to numbers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

The only thing that could make this day worse for Yates is to miss the time cut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭scott1974

Froome manages to ruin my enjoyment of another Grand Tour.

I think people need to take a small step back and realise that unless you racing in the race .....your only watching it for entertainment....if you are not being entertained....flick over to one of the soaps that's on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Is Carlton going to cry?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭circler

Gutted watching this. I went over to watch the Rás earlier, and came back to this :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Given the history in the sport, one would think the UCI should be preventing cyclists with question marks remaining over them from participating in high profile events like grand tours until they are cleared.
    Carlton Kirby is falling over himself over it, but a lot of people feel sick watching this.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

And the count back starts

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭matban

Say what you like about Froome, he's not too far from holding all three grand tours.

Whatever about a few puffs on an inhaler, some achievement

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭lissard

Asthma Jesus rides again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Injuryprone

He looked very fresh punching the air as he crossed the line

• Advertisement

I think people need to take a small step back and realise that unless you racing in the race .....your only watching it for entertainment....if you are not being entertained....flick over to one of the soaps that's on!!

But many can't help but feel they are being cheated.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

matban wrote: »
    Say what you like about Froome, he's not too far from holding all three grand tours.

A few puffs? He was thousands of times over the limit.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Froome inPink

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Pinot is some wheelsucking selfish prick

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Brian? wrote: »

He was twice over the limit

What a performance by Chris Froome.

tenor.gif?itemid=11356823

matban wrote: »

it is alright, nearly as good as Lance holding 7 Tour De France :rolleyes:

RobertKK wrote:
    But many can't help but feel they are being cheated.

who is being cheated?? us watching it on our couch?? the riders in the pro peloton id imagine know what's going on with everyone, its a small community....very very few dont have question marks on them....but that's their business....i watch it because I'm a cyclist, I race at a decent amateur level and enjoy being entertained by the best in the world!!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭matban

Brian? wrote: »

I thought it was double, 2000ng/ml, limit is 1000.

I dont feel cheated, that was greatness today

• Advertisement

who is being cheated?? us watching it on our couch?? the riders in the pro peloton id imagine know what's going on with everyone, its a small community....very very few dont have question marks on them....but that's their business....i watch it because I'm a cyclist, I race at a decent amateur level and enjoy being entertained by the best in the world!!

I wouldn't call that entertaining, it was sickening

Advertisement