Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recurring charge without informing me

Options
  • 25-05-2018 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have mobile broadband and in late January I exceeded my limit and opted to buy a 3GB add on to get me through to my next billing period. I have now discovered that the 3GB is a recurring add on but I was not informed of this at the time. I've been in touch with chat and the response was less than satisfactory so I am looking to have the overcharges owing to me returned. Chat informed me "[font=Arial, sans-serif]as I can see when you have added this add on you have been inform surely for this recurring charges of this add on". I requested evidence of this but none was forthcoming. I'd appreciate an explanation for the recurring charge, which as I have stated, I was not informed of at the time.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]T [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]on[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

tonc76 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have mobile broadband and in late January I exceeded my limit and opted to buy a 3GB add on to get me through to my next billing period. I have now discovered that the 3GB is a recurring add on but I was not informed of this at the time. I've been in touch with chat and the response was less than satisfactory so I am looking to have the overcharges owing to me returned. Chat informed me "[font=Arial, sans-serif]as I can see when you have added this add on you have been inform surely for this recurring charges of this add on". I requested evidence of this but none was forthcoming. I'd appreciate an explanation for the recurring charge, which as I have stated, I was not informed of at the time.[/font]

Hi there tonc76

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us here.

If you reject an add-on, this will be re-occurning. If you opt in for a booster, this will be a once-off.

Where did you opt in for this add-on the first time?

-Kyle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

eir: Kyle wrote: »
    tonc76 wrote: »
    Hi,

Hi there tonc76

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us here.

If you reject an add-on, this will be re-occurning. If you opt in for a booster, this will be a once-off.

Where did you opt in for this add-on the first time?

-Kyle
    Hi Kyle, I contacted one of your colleagues on chat as I wasn't sure why I had no broadband. I opted for the 3GB extra to get me through to the next billing cycle which was facilitated by your colleague.

T

Advertisement