Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Immersion losing heat

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭John.G

Brego888 wrote: »
    Cheers for that.

Heating it for an hour definitely works and is certainly enough for a shower. That's what the missus has been doing now the past 2 weeks where as I can just about get away with a really really quick shower with the 30 minutes!

So when you say I need the wiring checked what exactly needs checking or what do I need to ask an electrician to do?

Check the resistance of each element first, they should each be ~~ 18/19 ohms, then check the wiring set up and if incorrect get him to wire it properly so that either the sink or bath can be selected when wired through the timer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

John.G wrote: »
    Check the resistance of each element first, they should each be ~~ 18/19 ohms, then check the wiring set up and if incorrect get him to wire it properly so that either the sink or bath can be selected when wired through the timer.

OK, might need someone more skilled than me for that!
    So is the concensus that this is an electric problem as opposed to a plumbing issue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Brego888 wrote: »
    OK, might need someone more skilled than me for that!
    So is the concensus that this is an electric problem as opposed to a plumbing issue?

Sounds like it. I think we've ruled out hot water going elsewhere and the shower output hasn't changed

Advertisement