Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wooden bench

• 25-05-2018 2:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭

I have a wooden bench out my back garden that i have had for a few years.
    i have an issue where it all has become loose.

it looks similar to the one inn the attached photo.

last summer i opened all the nuts and put washers on and re-tightened everything back on. this worked great but however this year i tried to replace all the washers and it didnt fix the problem.

so my question is what i do do to make it sturdy again and this time for a long time.

i will say i have no wood working experience and have to left hands when it comes to diy so the easiest solution possible would be great:D

RmMtre

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭Zebbedee

It's difficult to say without knowing where your bench is flexing but in general
    you could identify whereabouts the bench is becoming loose and then screw it tight together using simple wood screws the appropriate length and width.
    No wood working skills required there.

Advertisement